The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Also, some advice to Nebbles.  It certainly can be bothersome to write an essay on a topic you wouldn't enjoy writing about, it's something that's necessary to do if you want to become a proficient writer.  (Under the presumption that you're typing this essay) If you're having trouble with actually writing, allow yourself to just write it naturally and perfunctory.  Afterwards, go over it, and amend it whenever necessary.  It's a lengthy and dull process, but it's certainly effective in writing a good essay.  Don't grieve over how you'll word something or how you'll organise things; those worries can be focused on after the 'rough draft'.  This is a penchant of mine, but I tend to enjoy jumping around paragraphs when writing essays.  Not sure if you would like that, but it certainly aids me in being able to make adjustments whenever, as well as create more natural transitions.

Whatever the case though, don't let this essay bother you too greatly.  There will chances for redemption later in the school year, so don't permit this one essay to cause too much apprehension. 

Nebbles

I hope so. Because this English teacher is a very harsh grader and my grade already sucks...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

triforced1

You can do it! Don't believe in yourself, believe in the me that believes in you! Your essay is going to be the essay that breaks through the heavens!

Ruto

Quote from: dahans on November 02, 2011, 03:06:38 PMYeah... tomorrow I will get a new hair cut for the military... Wooo -.-

:( Is there a chance you can pick your haircut?

@Nebbles

GOOGLE. It helped me with Inferno since I just couldn't memorize all the circles, bolgas and punishments xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Ruto

Nope, her essay's for Canterbury Tales. I was using Dante as an example...if she needed help on that I would know what to do. But between Dante and Chaucer, the professor picked Dante.

Jamaha

Quote from: Ruto on November 02, 2011, 09:32:11 PM:( Is there a chance you can pick your haircut?

What do you think? Recruit dahans, that hair will be cut. Now!

At least what works over here is to cut your hair beforehand so it's quite short, but still not too short. Because if they deem your hair too long it's cutting time! And then there's just one option - the shortest the electric clipper gives.

DrP

my hair is probably way too long for JaMaHa standards.

Also new avatar

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

spitllama

New depressing avatar since apparently Fingerz thought mine was getting old *sobs
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Ruto

@JaMaHa

Aww...I knew it -.- I just didn't like the idea...

ETFROXX

I'm neutral.

Where the fuck are my keys.

I'm hungry.

SuperFireKirby

I don't know if keys are the best food of choice for maintaining a nutritious diet, etf.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 04, 2011, 03:43:47 PMI don't know if keys are the best food of choice for maintaining a nutritious diet, etf.

Certainly getting some zinc and iron in your diet /rimshot
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel