The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

dahans

I am in Stockholm now. Really nice city. Can't wait to upload all the pictures.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Ruto

:o wahhh...so jealous.

On another topic I'm eating lunch alone today because I'm still mad at my friend for that little outburst the other day where she said that my parents give me money (as opposed to me working for it). It's not my fault she doesn't save her money...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 19, 2011, 04:23:54 AMThat...was not a compliment.
I know... I just felt like making it one. If anyone here wants to insult me using failed US Presidents, use Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton or Obama

Quote from: Ruto on October 19, 2011, 10:10:15 AMOn another topic I'm eating lunch alone today because I'm still mad at my friend for that little outburst the other day where she said that my parents give me money (as opposed to me working for it). It's not my fault she doesn't save her money...
I specifically saved my money this summer so I can buy some nicer food this year... It is so worth it... I have way to many avocados now.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jamaha

Mashi

Quote from: DrP on October 19, 2011, 10:25:14 AMIf anyone here wants to insult me using failed US Presidents, use Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton or Obama
You just.
You're saying.
But.
You.
What.

I suppose I could understand any resentment towards Obama (Resentment that I feel he is undeserving of.), but Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton?  That's just ridiculous.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: DrP on October 19, 2011, 10:25:14 AMIf anyone here wants to insult me using failed US Presidents, use Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton or ObamaMillard Filmore, Richard Nixon or George W. Bush[/size]
Your post was broken. So I *fixed it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

Nixon didn't fail as a president... sure, there was watergate, but he wasn't TERRIBLE.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DrP

Quote from: Nebbles on October 19, 2011, 01:52:32 PMNixon didn't fail as a president... sure, there was watergate, but he wasn't TERRIBLE.
Basically my thoughts about him

Nixon reinstated relations with China (cause Henry Kissinger is the man) and really got things going. The ONLY bad thing he has going for him is Watergate.

Quote from: Mashi on October 19, 2011, 01:30:27 PMI suppose I could understand any resentment towards Obama (Resentment that I feel he is undeserving of.), but Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton?  That's just ridiculous.

Lets see:
Jimmy Carter: Crazy Shit Inflation, Crazy Shit Unemployment, Crazy Shit Gas Prices, Crazy Shit Economic Policy... only good thing he has going for him are the Camp David Accords -- Guess that's what you get from a peanut farmer
Bill Clinton: Slept with Monica Lewinski, created an inflated surplus (financials were being understated), nearly impeached because of dealings, cut the defense budget of things we clearly needed, other stuff
Obama: Jimmy Carter II, raised federal debt by 4 trillion (called Bush un-american for raising the debt), putting things into Congress and then renouncing desire for it (eg Obamacare... yes, the admin wants to repeal parts of Obamacare), pumping money into failing markets (green energy -- Solyndra)... the list can go on and on and on. Good... hmm... I'll have to look into that.

Failed, I say? Jimmy Carter: Resentment left him with only 1 term, Clinton: Impeachment proceedings in 2nd term. Obama: Most likely 1 term. Everyone's fed up and even CNN is beginning to report horrid numbers for him.

/closecanofworms
I know I'm political opposite almost everyone here, but if I say something from now on, just don't worry about it... We don't need a war here. We don't need a locked thread. If you want to chew me out, then you can PM/text me with your reasons.

Anyways

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 19, 2011, 10:33:09 AMAvocado, you say?

THEN DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?
GUACAMOLE TIME!
I'll probably do that. I make AMAZING Guacamole

triforced1

I'm glad I don't have to vote. Anyways, anyone seen any good movies lately?

Mashi

You're disregarding practically every good thing these Presidents did.  You can't expect President's to magically fix problems.  Change occurs slowly.  Franklin Roosevelt, for example, wasn't able to magically fix the economy, it took time.
Now, when you have a President like Herbert Hoover who's not even doing anything to help the people, then yeah, of course he can deemed as a poor President, but you can't just presume that a President's job is to immediately fix a problem.

Your argument against Carter is one thing, a bad economy.  But I think it's sort of justifiable considering he was fighting a Cold War.  Furthermore, you completely disregard his campaign trips.  Should he have focused on the economy more?  Sure.  Does that mean he was a terrible President for putting it aside for other important matters?  Of course not.
As far as Clinton goes, his affair has nothing to do with his presidency.  Was it reprehensible?  Of course, but it's not something too important in the grand scheme of things, considering his duties in office were still being accomplished rather well.  I'll admit though, that as far as more recent Presidents go, I'm rather uneducated about their doings, so I can't really defend him, aside from being a sheep and saying he's super coll along with the rest of the population!

And Obama.
I have no idea how politics work, but from what I understand.

"Hey guys, here is a plan that will stimulate the economy and make everyone happy." ~Obama
*Sends bill or whatever for approval*
"Denied." ~Republicans

So, as far as I'm aware, nothing is being done because of internal dissension and Obama has absolutely no control over it.  But of course, I don't understand politics, so I probably wouldn't know much about the situation!

Anyway, I still don't quite understand your stance.  You can't possibly believe that these Presidents are worse than most others?  Economic problems are what you're using to define these Presidents as bad, but I see no mention of Presidents such as Hoover (Who, I believe, should be the first to come to mind as far as economic problems in history go.) or other ignominious people, such as John Tyler (Who lied about his policies to get into office).  To say that people like Carter, Clinton, and Obama are terrible Presidents is just ridiculous (More than in the first place!) in the big picture.  Lincoln fought a Civil War.  That doesn't mean he was a bad President.  Wilson fought a WWI.  That doesn't mean he's a bad President either.  Associating President's with problems that they neglected to face or weren't able to completely solve is unfair, in my opinion.

and drpamplemousse why would we switch to pm what about discussion :(

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: DrP on October 19, 2011, 02:17:46 PMNixon reinstated relations with China (cause Henry Kissinger is the man) and really got things going. The ONLY bad thing he has going for him is Watergate.
Secretly bombing Cambodia*cough*cough*

Energy conservation plans which lead to even further disaster during the energy crisis of '73 *cough*

Watergate *cough*

Choose to continue the Vietnam war for 4 years after he promised to withdraw from it *cough*

Nixon was NOT by almost any means a good president.

Nebbles

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 19, 2011, 02:59:28 PMSecretly bombing Cambodia*cough*cough*

Energy conservation plans which lead to even further disaster during the energy crisis of '73 *cough*

Watergate *cough*

Choose to continue the Vietnam war for 4 years after he promised to withdraw from it *cough*

Nixon was NOT by almost any means a good president.

But Nixon DID withdraw troops from Vietnam around 1971. He said he'd wind down the war, and to a certain degree, he did.

We had almost all of our ground forces out of Vietnam by Watergate, and North Vietnam was busy kicking South Vietnam's ass. But we couldn't do anything - because Nixon withdrew the men.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've learned in history class earlier this week.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: triforced1 on October 19, 2011, 02:38:39 PMI'm glad I don't have to vote. Anyways, anyone seen any good movies lately?

Real Steel looks stupid, but I want the soundtrack because Danny Elfman composed it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.