News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

Quote from: Nebbles on October 15, 2011, 04:09:00 PMI wanna go all around Europe. /sigh :C I'm so jealous.
Yeah... you can definitely BE jealous :D. I want you to come to europe someday and then I make a guided tour throughout Europe for you... :D:D:D:D:D
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

triforced1

Quote from: dahans on October 15, 2011, 04:07:43 PMHave you got the postcard yet? Anyway, it's not really expensive. The train ticket is 320â,¬ (about 350$) for 22 days, which is a really great offer. We really didn't want to get on this expensive ferry but it was the only one who brings us to Holland in time. (it's 50â,¬ per night which is not really much actually) We generally sleep at youth hostels or at friends' places so we save a lot of money too. I expect that I will spend about 1200â,¬ on this trip. My parents gave me 200â,¬ and I worked one month for my father (950â,¬)
I just today got your postcard from Brugge. I'm glad you're having a wonderful time!
Anyway, that's really cheap for a trip throughout Europe. My band is going to Europe in 2 summers from now, I think it'll be to London, Paris, Alsace(?), Venice, and Berlin. I'm looking forward to going ^^

Ruto

Wahhh I am so jealous XD

It still seems like a lot to me though. Maybe it's because the job I work at pays me about $7/hour before taxes -.- I can probably go once school's finished. Dunno how long that will take.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

dahans

Quote from: triforced1 on October 15, 2011, 04:21:50 PMI just today got your postcard from Brugge. I'm glad you're having a wonderful time!
Anyway, that's really cheap for a trip throughout Europe. My band is going to Europe in 2 summers from now, I think it'll be to London, Paris, Alsace(?), Venice, and Berlin. I'm looking forward to going ^^
:D Yeah! :D But wtf is Alsace? xD Never heard of it. You should also come to Vienna! 5 hours from venice by train.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Mashi

I think he's referring to Alsace-Lorraine, which is a territory in France (I think).  It's historically famous because the Prussians took the land from France the Franco-Prussian War and used the territory to trick Austria into declaring war against Prussia, which permitted Prussia to unify Germany.  France took back Alsace-Lorraine after WWI, but if I recall correctly, the Germans occupied it again in WWII, so I'm not sure whether it belongs to Germany or France, but considering that that the Allies won WWII, I would presume France.

EDIT: Actually, I lied.  I was getting Alsace-Lorraine confused with some other territory Prussia used I think.
Just researched it, Prussia used Schleswig-Holstein to instigate the Seven Weeks' War against Austria.

triforced1

Actually, not Alsace, we're going to Lucerne. I get  those confused for some reason :P

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: dahans on October 15, 2011, 04:07:43 PMHave you got the postcard yet? Anyway, it's not really expensive. The train ticket is 320â,¬ (about 350$) for 22 days, which is a really great offer. We really didn't want to get on this expensive ferry but it was the only one who brings us to Holland in time. (it's 50â,¬ per night which is not really much actually) We generally sleep at youth hostels or at friends' places so we save a lot of money too. I expect that I will spend about 1200â,¬ on this trip. My parents gave me 200â,¬ and I worked one month for my father (950â,¬)
Can I got on European adventures with you?

EDIT: I have like no money to my name.  My family and I hardly ever go on vacations.  GOOD GOD I WANT TO GO TO SPAIN AND MAKE USE OF MY SPANISH.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

DrP

Quote from: Mashi on October 15, 2011, 04:41:42 PMI think he's referring to Alsace-Lorraine, which is a territory in France (I think).  It's historically famous because the Prussians took the land from France the Franco-Prussian War and used the territory to trick Austria into declaring war against Prussia, which permitted Prussia to unify Germany.  France took back Alsace-Lorraine after WWI, but if I recall correctly, the Germans occupied it again in WWII, so I'm not sure whether it belongs to Germany or France, but considering that that the Allies won WWII, I would presume France.

EDIT: Actually, I lied.  I was getting Alsace-Lorraine confused with some other territory Prussia used I think.
Just researched it, Prussia used Schleswig-Holstein to instigate the Seven Weeks' War against Prussia.

Alsace and Lorraine are separate Regions... Alsace is the easternmost Region in France

Alsace and Lorraine were used as a battleground between Prussia/Germany and the Kingdom/Empire/Republic of France. I love Lorraine food since it blends German and French foods together (Quiche Lorraine) and I love the blend together. The Capital of Alsace is Strasbourg, which certainly isnt a French name.

Quote from: Nebbles on October 15, 2011, 04:09:00 PMI wanna go all around Europe. /sigh :C I'm so jealous.
I do too! I'll probably do this after I graduate from Grad School and before I go to work..

I am just going to rent a car, fly into Madrid and travel throughout France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany and the Low Countries! And then I will Fly out of Paris! I Probably would go to Poland and Lithuania at a separate time!

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

I should go look for snacks, but I'm hungry.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Nebbles

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 15, 2011, 08:54:25 PMIsn't being hungry why people go look for snacks?

WOW I FUCKED THAT UP

I meant lazy, but I got food anyway

orz nebbles is an idiot /goes to corner

Nebbles