The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

I think that hurricane was overly hyped by the media.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jub3r7

Quote from: DrP on August 28, 2011, 01:40:15 PMI think that hurricane was overly hyped by the media.
The media showed the worst of it.
Sucks for the people who got flooded. I saw some of the footage and there's no way they're driving out of that one.

Anyone up for canoeing to starbucks?

edit: Oh yeah, this was in NC for future reference.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

DO YOU EVEN HAVE TO ASK?????

(Well, I just got coffee like 15 minutes ago after running out to Home Depot for a water filter all the way out in RSM, so I am just enjoying every last sip of my super super super large mocha with extra shots of espresso and all the stuff that they add to it like lots and lots and lots of milk and whipped cream.)

BTW, I don't caffeine highs and the above sentence was over stimulated.

But it does suck for those guys who did get flooded in NC and stuff. (Who cares about Jersey anyways)

Ruto

Some people did see flooding and get power outages here though. But it was mostly (the moochers in NJ) that got the worst of it.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jub3r7

Lildigipoke lives in NJ, right? Around the time of the flooding, he mentioned his power didn't go out. Glad he's okay, even though I've hardly met him.

triforced1

Random question, but what classical songs is everybody learning, if any? I need suggestions.

DrP

All the stuff im learning classically are for Clarinet for auditions in a few weeks.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: triforced1 on August 28, 2011, 02:47:48 PMRandom question, but what classical songs is everybody learning, if any? I need suggestions.

Lol. I'm just learning tons of Chopin, he's really fun. If you're somewhat decent at piano, you could try his Raindrop Prelude, it's not hard and is actually pretty fun. And for reference, it's not on the PDF, but it's played at 80 bpm.

Also his Minute Waltz, which is supposed to be played at a near impossibly fast speed, but I just play it moderately fast at the moment. Also not too hard.

If you want fun, try something easy by Beethoven (that's NOT Fur Elise); I recommend Six Ecossaises. Incredibly fun.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

So apparently my Friday video is most popular with females ages 13-17.

...wat

DrP

Chopin is pretty boss.

Unlike Slow's name, Chopin's Waltz op 64 no 1 is fairly easy to play, same with his Waltz op 69 nos 1-2 are pretty easy.

I just don't play classical piano anymore since it takes me WAYYY too long to learn a song and figure things out and then play it, but i ALWAYS mess up something when I play, so it's not worth the effort anymore.

triforced1

Quote from: DrP on August 28, 2011, 03:32:45 PMChopin is pretty boss.

Unlike Slow's name, Chopin's Waltz op 64 no 1 is fairly easy to play, same with his Waltz op 69 nos 1-2 are pretty easy.

I just don't play classical piano anymore since it takes me WAYYY too long to learn a song and figure things out and then play it, but i ALWAYS mess up something when I play, so it's not worth the effort anymore.
I'm currently working on Chopin's 'Black Key Etude' which I hate and love at the same time. I'm also working on Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, all three movements. But after that I don't know. Chopin's Opus 9. No. 2 looks pretty easy, and a REALLY long term goal would be Chopin's Opus 53 No. 6 in A flat.

Harvest

Had one of the most horrible dreams in a long time last night.  I saw a lot of people die in horrible gruesome ways.  They were killed by that guy from No Country for Old Men.

Don't know what is wrong with my mind.
-

Jub3r7

Wait, where the heck did Roz go?

It's only been three and a half days, but there have been floods in the last three days.

Let's just hope she's busy with school or something.

DrP

Quote from: Jub3r7 on August 28, 2011, 07:33:51 PMWait, where the heck did Roz go?

It's only been three and a half days, but there have been floods in the last three days.

Let's just hope she's busy with school or something.
Shopping in QC for school, working and getting ready for school and dealing with the effects of Tropical Storm Irene or some random storm that was once violent