The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

The new Deus Ex game is actually really good.

me irl
[close]

Saria

OSHI THERE WAS A SMALL EARTHQUAKE HERE. D: EVERYBODY FELT IT OMGOMG SCARED. D:
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

DrP

Small? Was it like M2 or M3? cause that's nothing.

Anything under a 4 is just business as usual.

Earthquakes are nothing to be scared of (until they reach like M6 or so)

EDIT:
Well, apparently there was a M 5.9 earthquake in Virgina (how odd) and you probably got some waves from the epicenter. Since you guys have some hills and not really "mountains" like over here, the waves can travel farther than say waves out here.

You just experienced daily life of Californians dealing with the two tectonic plates shifting and doing all that other stuff (because where we are currently isn't really the plate where the majority of the country is on)

Saria

Oh pfft. I was going to leave my summer homework in the building and let it get destroyed. 8)
SARIABALL
cooperating anal

Ruto

I think people are going to get off work today. With the amount of people and buildings in NYC the likelihood of a stampede or something is pretty serious.  A friend of mine said it was an aftershock from VA so then I tried to text a few people and they're safe.

NYC isn't really prepared for earthquakes, I only remember a few small ones about ten years ago but this one was a lot bigger than those. My room was shaking, so I ran out to see people evacuating and everyone else on the block standing outside on the street. -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Saria

SARIABALL
cooperating anal

Ruto

I went to see what the hell was going on first then I called you guys when I found out.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nakah

I didn't feel a thing in upstate ny, but apparently everyone in my neighborhood and surrounding it did. That's what you get for running on a busy highway with rumbling 18 wheelers passing you by every few seconds.

DrP

Your guy's buildings aren't really built for earthquakes like ours, so they do feel a bit harsher (especially on higher levels)

In California, it is a law to have any building over 5 stories to be on rollers. The rollers alleviate the impact of the earthquake.

What's also pretty funny is that if something like that hit LA, people would stop for like 5 seconds, brush it off and get back to work, unless its like the epicenter, then there's some damage from a 5.9.

I guess the east coast got a little taste of our CA pow-a (hahah).

MassiveMayhem

I live in Michigan, the worst in earth natural disasters was a tremor. So I feel safe :) Oh but we get some nasty tornado's.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

DrP

Apparently, my friend who lives in Ohio says that tornadoes are just "wind" and nothing more, but she is TERRIFIED of earthquakes.

Basically my thought is: If you live outside of an area with natural disasters uncommon/rare to the area, you freak out.

Seriously, if I lived in Omaha or Tulsa and there was a tornado, I'd kinda freak out (and why the hell would I live in Tulsa [Omaha is kinda awesome since it's cornland])

Hurricanes are pretty epic, too. (Maybe SFK is braving Hurricane Irene right now, if it hit near him)

MassiveMayhem

Yeah, we don't get like Wizard of Oz tornadoes, just really high winds that sometimes injure/kill people.  I've never felt an earthquake so I'd probably shit myself if I did.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

Jub3r7

I slept through an extremely small earthquake that didn't wake me up, and there are tornado warnings every now and then.

So. Never really felt an earthquake before. And never had a tornado come my way.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Nebbles

I didn't even FEEL the earthquake... we were driving when it happened. I'm a bit scared now, though, just in case anything else happens... :c
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DrP

Quote from: Jub3r7 on August 23, 2011, 12:57:35 PMI slept through an extremely small earthquake that didn't wake me up, and there are tornado warnings every now and then.

So. Never really felt an earthquake before. And never had a tornado come my way.
Look up Imperial County, CA

You should totally live there for a year then come talk to me! :)