The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: triforced1 on August 16, 2011, 08:17:03 AMHey, I'm going to look for phones today, any suggestions? I was thinking about getting a Google phone or some sort or Droid.
HTC Sensation for TMobile. It has been reviewed as the best Android phone to date!!!! I say get this one. (Also CNet reviewed it in having the only smartphone camera BETTER than the iPhone [and that one is like THE BEST, only being at 5mp])

For Verizon, I would suggest the Droid 3. All of Verizon's LTE phones are not dual-core, so I wouldn't think they'd be worth it (however the Droid Charge is said to have some pretty amazing battery life). However, if you plan on switching to Verizon, wait for the Samsung Galaxy S II phone, as it scores MUCH (this is an understatement) higher than any other phone on the Quadrant Benchmarks (and the other ones, too) -- most likely it will be 4g LTE, too!

KefkaticFanatic

The best carrier at the moment is Sprint, and the best phone on it is the Photon 4G, soon to be overtaken by the Galaxy S II next month (or perhaps October, but unlikely) though.

On AT&T the best is the Atrix 4G, and with Verizon you should for sure wait for the SGSII as none of their current phones really stand out.

The SGSII on AT&T has a physical keyboard if you like that.  You definitely should at least wait until they come out before buying anything though.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

lol, At&T, the carrier with the lowest customer satisfaction rating and the most customers. Problem?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

It provides consistent service where I live, so I'm okay with it.

The whole data cap thing is the issue, but every carrier besides Sprint has that now, and it's not long before they implement one.

me irl
[close]

Jub3r7

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 14, 2011, 10:35:57 PMNow that I actually own a pair a jeans for the first time in aboot ten years, I need to always remember Bro Code Article #45: A Bro never wears jeans to a strip club.
I'm weird and I only wear jeans on special occasions.

Also, nice sig, saria.
And I thought you were shado at first due to the avatar. -.-
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

triforced1

I got the Google G2x on T-Mobile, since my parents didn't want to change providers.

KefkaticFanatic

That's acceptable at least.  Still think you should have waited a month for the SGSII but oh well.  The G2x has a pretty strong customization scene.

me irl
[close]

triforced1

Well our contract ends like next week, so we needed to renew it and just got new phones.

KefkaticFanatic

You don't need to renew your contract at all...

me irl
[close]

DrP

There is a pretty amazing thing about Sprint. It's cheap, no throttling of data speeds (so truly unlimited) and it has one of the best Android phones on the market (my current phone) the Photon 4G

I seriously would have waited for SGSII, but im just not the fan of Samsung stuff (even though the specs are supposedly amazing). T-Mobile is getting some pretty heady stuff in the two months to come, so it would be good to look out (monitor Android Central) for future updates.

But if you ABSOLUTELY must stick with T-Mobile, AND YOU HAVE TO get a new phone next week, GET the Sensation 4G. However you dont have to renew a contract when it's up, you just become a month-to-month customer with no "ties"  to a contract, so you can do anything at anytime basically without any fees

KefkaticFanatic

He already got the phone.

Probably could return it, but eh.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Probably.

Well, I hope it's semi-amazing (not like some Optimus T or something)

triforced1

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 16, 2011, 12:57:39 PMYou don't need to renew your contract at all...
My parents have something against pretty much every other provider. It's not my choice.

Jamaha

Oh right, need to change my carrier.

Currently using the only carrier in Finland with a data cap. Oh and it's the most expensive as well.