News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

We live in a fallen world. Dang fruit...
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

@_@ I feel cruddy. Blerugh. And I need to start studying for my SATs which I don't want to do... ughhh...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DrP

Quote from: Nebbles on July 23, 2011, 06:47:38 PM@_@ I feel cruddy. Blerugh. And I need to start studying for my SATs which I don't want to do... ughhh...
The SATs suck, but the GMAT sucks even more... it's like the SAT on steroids.

I'm hating my life because this one exam will dictate whether I start with a 55k or 70k salary. ugh.

Nebbles

Does anyone have any tips? My weakest point is math. I'm fine with the writing and reading section and whatnot.

I get bored/distracted too easily, so again, please help me out!

ETFROXX

Idunno what to tell you. I find math fun.

For some odd reason.

DrP

Quote from: Nebbles on July 23, 2011, 08:57:35 PMDoes anyone have any tips? My weakest point is math. I'm fine with the writing and reading section and whatnot.

I get bored/distracted too easily, so again, please help me out!
I really wouldn't know. I took the ACT for all my exams because apparently Math and Science are my strong suit (and I tell myself it's Science and History).

Just take a section of study (like Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, etc...) and work on problems that involve one section only, then move on to the next one the next day. Only spend max of 1 hour of studying and stop after that.

That's what helped me, because if something else happened, I just got distracted (especially if it was exciting)

Nebbles

For me, I just get distracted by anything. Even silence. And bored, so focusing on studying is hard for me. My friend is too busy to come and study with me, so.... yeah...

KefkaticFanatic

Hahahaha, SATs.

Just shoot for something around 2100-2200 and if you get there then consider it good enough.  It honestly doesn't matter that much as beyond that it's essentially random chance.

Same with 34-36 on the ACT.

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

Well, yes, but I need tips for getting those lovely high scores I'm aiming for.

ETFROXX

I just realized what a real bitch I can be. Last year there was this freshman that I hated, and I had no idea why. Just everything about her bothered me.

She's now becoming one of my best friends...

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Nebbles on July 23, 2011, 10:45:48 PMWell, yes, but I need tips for getting those lovely high scores I'm aiming for.
Eh I just did practice tests for the SAT and practice question sets.  It's all easy stuff really, you just have to get used to the format.

I accidentally did well on the ACT (didn't know about it until the week of since it was provided by the school, so no study whatsoever), so no help there ;D

me irl
[close]

Mashi

Well, what score are you aiming for?  The Math Section is created so that each question becomes increasingly difficult, so the first questions you answer will be easy, while the later questions will be more difficult.  The SAT really doesn't test any difficult materials though, so just remember some of the more fundamental things about Math (And if you haven't already, you should probably invest in an SAT Review Book, since it will give you a decent way to approach the test and a comprehensive explanation about how the test works).

As far as the ACT goes, if I'm correct, it's more knowledge based rather than comprehension based (As in, on the ACT, the questions are straightforward, but you actually need to know how to apply your knowledge, while on the SAT, it's more about understanding the question or what you're reading).

Harvest

Poland was really awesome...but I am really bored in Germany... Mainly because it is just me and my dad now since my brother had to go back to his job...I actually have intense feelings of longing for home...I miss my friends more than anything ever....

Polish girls turn out to be the sexiest women I have ever met....their accent makes me die....oh....to see that girl from Krakow once more...everything reminds me of her...ugh...contact is now restricted to facebook with her....sigh....her accent..."you are zoooh cute" just destroyed my soul.

Also I am depressed as fuck because I went to auschwitz and have been in Berlin....so all this death is getting to me
-

DrP

Quote from: Mashi on July 24, 2011, 06:38:03 AMWell, what score are you aiming for?  The Math Section is created so that each question becomes increasingly difficult, so the first questions you answer will be easy, while the later questions will be more difficult.  The SAT really doesn't test any difficult materials though, so just remember some of the more fundamental things about Math (And if you haven't already, you should probably invest in an SAT Review Book, since it will give you a decent way to approach the test and a comprehensive explanation about how the test works).

As far as the ACT goes, if I'm correct, it's more knowledge based rather than comprehension based (As in, on the ACT, the questions are straightforward, but you actually need to know how to apply your knowledge, while on the SAT, it's more about understanding the question or what you're reading).
I think you've got it. The ACT really focuses on the applications (not to mention no penalty for guessing... hahaha). I pulled a 31 overall, because i got a 29 on the reading comprehension, the rest were low 30s.

SlowPokemon

So we need an option to "like" people's posts on here, like Facebook
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.