News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

It's sad though because it means you haven't watched actual good films like Apocalypse Now or Lawrence of Arabia or Blade Runner or Pulp Fiction.

me irl
[close]

Winter

Are you kidding. It's just a thing me and my mom like. Pulp Fiction is also really good :D

SlowPokemon

Nightmare Before Christmas/Spirited Away/Howl's Moving Castle/Beauty and the Beast = best animated movies ever

The Godfather = most amazing movie ever
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Ponyo was really nice too. I rarely watch movies though, I have yet to watch Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. D:
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Winter

if you liked ponyo, you're guaranteed to like both of those.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 15, 2011, 06:03:00 PMThe Godfather = most amazing movie ever
My respect for you has increased.
But only if you know of good films besides that and didn't just watch it because somebody was like "lol its the best"

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

Ahhh, I love Spirited Away.

Another film I like is Inglorious Basterds. I guess it's my weakness for languages and accents. And the sheer epicness that movie had. >3>
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Roz~

My friends were all : MAN INGLORIOUS BASTERDS IS AMAZING!!11!111oneone
BITCHES IT WAS IN FRENCH. IT CAN'T BE AWSM.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Nebbles

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 15, 2011, 07:20:50 PMMy respect for you has increased.
But only if you know of good films besides that and didn't just watch it because somebody was like "lol its the best"

Oh of course not, I happened across it on a movie channel one time and my dad (who as a general rule hates movies) told me it's something I should definitely see. So yeah it's pretty awesome as a movie, I like how it doesn't need special effects or cheap 3D to be a great movie--it has a good enough story that it doesn't need to rely on anything else. (Nino Rota's musical score doesn't hurt though)

So I saw Harry Potter tonight. It was definitely a great movie, and far better than the first part in my opinion. I was very happy that they did a good job with my favorite part in the series (spoilers, I guess, if for some reason you haven't read it yet): Snape's memories. I know that it was a somewhat cliche situation but...that still remains my favorite part from the books. Snape and Lily's love story that never was really depresses me but...also I love it so much. I nearly cried in the movie theater. Snape's demise was also kind of shocking in the movie but I really enjoyed it. The epilogue was cliche beyond belief, but that's pretty much because JKR wrote it that way.

So yeah, I can agree with rotten tomatoes's 97%.

I will be buying Alexandre Desplat's score on itunes, just like the first part, which I don't normally do but I feel that the artist deserves my money, so meh.

DrP

We were talking about the Godfather and the elements within in at work on Wednesday, so I decided to rewatch it -- all three of them.

The first one was a classic, the other two -- still good, but not as great as the first one.

In terms of other classics, I watched lots of John Wayne movies growing up (my favorite being either The Quiet Man or Genghis Khan) -- everyone around here knows stuff about him (hell, im flying out of an airport named for him in 11 days)

Other classics I love: Mel Brooks movies (The Original Producers, History of the World Part 1, Blazing Saddles, etc...), Casablanca, Ben Hur, and Dr. Strangelove.

Nebbles

I also highly enjoyed Inception. (500) days of Summer is adorable.

I also like that Joseph Gordon-Levitt happens to be both of those movies >3>

SuperFireKirby

I have yet to see The Godfather but, honestly, it doesn't look all that appealing to me.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 15, 2011, 10:26:32 PMOther classics I love: Mel Brooks movies (The Original Producers, History of the World Part 1, Blazing Saddles, etc...), Casablanca, Ben Hur, and Dr. Strangelove.
Mel Brooks is the greatest comedy movie director/writer EVER.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 15, 2011, 06:03:00 PMThe Godfather Kelly's Heroes= most amazing movie ever
*fixed x 108
If you haven't seen this movie, I feel sorry for you.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 15, 2011, 10:26:32 PMWe were talking about the Godfather and the elements within in at work on Wednesday, so I decided to rewatch it -- all three of them.

The first one was a classic, the other two -- still good, but not as great as the first one.

In terms of other classics, I watched lots of John Wayne movies growing up (my favorite being either The Quiet Man or Genghis Khan) -- everyone around here knows stuff about him (hell, im flying out of an airport named for him in 11 days)

Other classics I love: Mel Brooks movies (The Original Producers, History of the World Part 1, Blazing Saddles, etc...), Casablanca, Ben Hur, and Dr. Strangelove.

I thought the second one was fantastic as well, but I thought the third was meh at best.