News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ETFROXX

I would but nothing I draw is original.

Also. Slightly addicted to TF2.

Harvest

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 24, 2011, 04:20:13 PMOr you could go into business, become a slave to corporate america, make a good salary, and hate your job and you'll primarily hate your life because you never fulfill any of the dreams you have because you decided to take the safe route when it came to the decision of what you wanted to do with your life.

Yes..I didn't go into business because I look at my uncle...a rich accountant....but he is obese and cannot be happy.  I could be wrong though, maybe he is the happiest guy in the world.  I don't see it though.  He may have a half million dollar condo on the top floor at the base of the damn CN Tower (amazing to stay in btw) but I doubt he has the time to enjoy it...as he has had it for years and it is still a total unfinished mess haha...

Hence me going into History and totally expecting to be something.
-

SlowPokemon

^good luck trying to get somewhere with history unless you're planning on being a teacher
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

Or you could go to Law School after and become a consummate lawyer, or get a degree in something which would allow you to get various government jobs, become an adviser in a business, et. al.

Granted, with a History Major alone, I'm not sure what you can do, but to have one alongside some sort of degree in a field you would like work in would make for a fantastic combination.

fingerz

Quote from: ETFROXX on June 24, 2011, 04:55:19 PMI'm thinking about something with psychology or journalism.
Yeah, I'm interested in Psychology too. I'm trying to figure out what type of one though...
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 24, 2011, 07:01:13 PM^good luck trying to get somewhere with history unless you're planning on being a teacher
History professor at auniversity. Or become an author. or both. or something. actually majoring in history can be quite useful.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

universe-X

Majoring in history only works if you have a love for it from what I've seen o.o

Am I the only one here considering medical? xD

Mashi

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: ETFROXX on June 24, 2011, 04:55:19 PMI'm thinking about something with psychology or journalism.
Psych is one of the "easy majors" that has little to no job openings.  Idk about journalism.

me irl
[close]

Greg

Engineering?  :P

That's what I'm considering at this point...

WiiMan96

Apparently we've passed 100,000 posts in the forums. Work, everybawdy.

SlowPokemon

Nearly 16% of those posts are in this thread xD

Also, Kefka, Psych and Journalism are pretty much in the same boat.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Translation ftw.

Here it's not too hard to get a job if you've majored in Psychology, so it's still a decent choice.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

ETFROXX

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 25, 2011, 01:06:57 AMPsych is one of the "easy majors" that has little to no job openings.  Idk about journalism.

Yup, it's easy and it's interesting (compared to some other majors), but even research positions for psychology aren't that common. Evolutionary psychology is pretty funny though XD

I have a few classmates that are studying journalism but the work they seem to do involves writing pointless political drivel, bitching about the need for change while offering no solutions and some photography. Yeah, I'm being mean again.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.