News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

s SMG medley medley would be pretty nice! I would do it too, but im inundated with stuff

Ruto

Gahhh my sister is going to Cancun with her stupid dinosaur boyfriend and I'm stuck here waiting for school to start. She was supposed to take me to Europe so I could have fun too!

@the SMG Medley
Three people working on a single medley is not unheard of :D

Edit: I'm also going to need to block FB chat from now on. This girl keeps messaging me about her growing anorexia/bulimia in an effort to be as skinny as me.  I can't see how someone that much older than me would have that little common sense.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on August 15, 2010, 12:52:42 PMGahhh my sister is going to Cancun with her stupid dinosaur boyfriend and I'm stuck here waiting for school to start. She was supposed to take me to Europe so I could have fun too!

Edit: I'm also going to need to block FB chat from now on. This girl keeps messaging me about her growing anorexia/bulimia in an effort to be as skinny as me.  I can't see how someone that much older than me would have that little common sense.

You deserve some sort of vacation!

Also, concerning FB. You can either 1) block the person in their entirety, or just not show online when you log in... its under the settings when you press to see who's online

SlowPokemon

Sooo bored. I have no idea why I'm even posting this.

Anyway.

There are some pretty stupid little kid shows nowadays. There's one where five or six dogs ride race cars.

'-_-

It sounds fail because it is. It makes no sense...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 15, 2010, 01:06:57 PMYou deserve some sort of vacation!

I know, right! XD

I sorta don't want to stop all my friends from contacting me. So I guess I'll just go offline in chat at the usual time she signs on.  I need to talk to other people...it's really frustrating to listen to some of the things "they" say, you know? Yeah, I have more than one of those on my list.

Well, I can always lurk on NSM...!

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 15, 2010, 01:39:48 PMSooo bored. I have no idea why I'm even posting this.

Anyway.

There are some pretty stupid little kid shows nowadays. There's one where five or six dogs ride race cars.

'-_-

It sounds fail because it is. It makes no sense...
Two reasons: You're growing up and entertainment is just failing right now. When I was a kid, we had Pokemon (I can say with confidence that the first season of Pokemon was a classic, great animation, dialogue, humor and was completely original)! Now the kids watch the Fairly Odd Parents/Dexter or something (I dunno)---inferior quality animation and thoughtless drabble.

For adult cartoons, there's the Simpsons (first 8-9 seasons were brilliant), now children watch Family Guy? I think Family Guy's overrated...doesn't have the wit of the earlier seasons of the Simpsons.

/rant

SlowPokemon

Family Guy is funny occasionally, actually. But it's really vulgar. I don't really like the Simpsons, either.

And - don't judge me - my favorite cartoon (and the only one I still watch) is Total Drama... show's hilarious because all of the people are stereotypes of people you really meet... I'll be watching it and I'll think "Hold on... I've been there..."

And I like it because it spoofs Survivor in a way that does make fun of it without really putting it down.

It's...satirical. That's the word.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

When I was a kid, my favorite shows were probably Jimmy Neutron, CatDog, Fairly Odd Parents, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Courage, the Cowardly Dog... the list goes on. One thing is for certain, I never really liked Spongebob

Quote from: Ruto on August 15, 2010, 01:48:30 PMI know, right! XD

I sorta don't want to stop all my friends from contacting me. So I guess I'll just go offline in chat at the usual time she signs on.  I need to talk to other people...it's really frustrating to listen to some of the things "they" say, you know? Yeah, I have more than one of those on my list.

Well, I can always lurk on NSM...!
Two reasons: You're growing up and entertainment is just failing right now. When I was a kid, we had Pokemon (I can say with confidence that the first season of Pokemon was a classic, great animation, dialogue, humor and was completely original)! Now the kids watch the Fairly Odd Parents/Dexter or something (I dunno)---inferior quality animation and thoughtless drabble.

For adult cartoons, there's the Simpsons (first 8-9 seasons were brilliant), now children watch Family Guy? I think Family Guy's overrated...doesn't have the wit of the earlier seasons of the Simpsons.

/rant

Family Guy is just plain stupid... its all dumb. South Park and the Simpsons is satire and semi-good comedy. Dexter is not being made anymore since Hanna Barbera went kaput, and so did the other shows made by them. I watched those shows when they were starting out (because I was still in 4th and 5th grade then). Pokémon was amazing (I got the entire 1st season in VHS tapes for a Christmas... IDK where they are now, somewhere). I like the new ones because the animation is better and its in HD.

We're always here when you want to step away from your annoying friends on Facebook (and also give you time to let your crops grow on Farmville... haha)

Ruto

I'm not much on Spongebob either. Maybe shows are actually a lot better when you remember them. But I have to say that the Simpsons might be the best cartoon ever made (in America!!). Family Guy has no plot and the victim of its own character assassinations. The last episode I watched was this one where the teenage girl gets married after a pregnancy scare, which was the result of a near death injury inflicted by the show's blundering fool (TM). The first season was still better than what they show now.

Oh thanks, drpamplemousse XD . I don't play Farmville (lol @ corporate greed of Zynga), but I play Restaurant City because I like cooked animals and plants food.   

Ok, so I might have offended the fans of Family Guy which is about 90% of all Americans, but they would have heard this from someone else eventually.

DrP

Hahah. a bunch of my friends are obsessed, so i just had to put it out there

I personally like American Dad over Family Guy. It is more sane and not as doltish and moronic than Family Guy (I just had to used more sophisticated diction)

Harvest

The problem with family guy:

It is still ok, but idk, they kind of like to beat things to death until they aren't funny anymore.
-

Roz~

Ugh, working 6 days a week really is tiring.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Certainly does.

All my friends are actually complaining of unemployment and they really want jobs. I was lucky. I only work 15 hours a week, but I get paid more then the minimum wage... actually far above California's Min. Wage (which is higher then Federal Min Wage)

Ruto

Quote from: Harvest on August 15, 2010, 04:42:08 PMThe problem with family guy:

It is still ok, but idk, they kind of like to beat things to death until they aren't funny anymore.

Pure win.

Peter is still a misogynist retard in my opinion, and the fact that three of these guys are actually Seth MacFarlene bothers me.

Beating things until they're not funny anymore....QUICK we must stop Family Guy from doing any more seasons! If they do everything in the world, then nothing's going to be funny anymore!!

DrP

Like what the Simpsons did in seasons 11-19?

Ruto

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 15, 2010, 06:14:50 PMLike what the Simpsons did in seasons 11-19?

I blame Al Jean...D:

There were a number of fairly good episodes after the 13th season (the worse season in my opinion) that I remember watching on the plane. But they were just episodes with a decent plot and didn't have as much of the wit/satire that the 3rd and 4th season had.

Also, the Simpsons have been on the air since 1989. Family Guy isn't close to that amount of episodes or air time.