The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oni-Link

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 04, 2010, 10:23:26 AMprobably around 1000 dollars
Fack, I don't know anyone that'd spend that much on headphones.

KefkaticFanatic

About $250 actually.  The MSRP is $330 so he's just being an idiot.

Definitely worth the price.

me irl
[close]

DrP

maybe a little less... but i know people who spend that much on head phones (im surrounded by yuppies and money-flaunterers, so that's my reason why im used to it)... the most i ever spent was 90 on some nice quality studio headphones that do the job.

EDIT: You robbed that guy KF! Those things look like they could be more expensive than that!

Oni: I've seen people with those $700 dollar bose headphones (but they are bluetooth capable)

Oni-Link

I'm destroying everything in Kirby games, lately without even trying. Barely any damage, and for some reason I'm getting really fast.
What's with the sudden change? I haven't been playing Kirby games for a few months and then I'm suddenly GOOD?
EDIT:
Quote from: Oni-Link on August 03, 2010, 11:07:26 AMDid you know, Prism Plains (Kirby Squeak Squad) uses the same music from Grass Land 3 (Kirby's Dreamland 3)?
There's also one that sounds exactly like Sky High, but I forget which one.

Figured out which one sounds exactly like Sky High (Kirby Super Star)
It's Candy Mountain, from Dynablade, also Kirby Super Star.
HOORAY FOR RECYCLED MUSIC!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 04, 2010, 10:31:20 AMEDIT: You robbed that guy KF! Those things look like they could be more expensive than that!
Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 04, 2010, 10:29:35 AMThe MSRP is $330 so he's just being an idiot.

me irl
[close]

DrP

I know, i read it!

So, after spending 2 hours trying to guess the unlock code on my phone, I finally got it! That's what I get for downloading Froyo

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Oni-Link

It means basically how much the creators would sell it, right?

KefkaticFanatic

MSRP = Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price

me irl
[close]

DrP

MSRP is what the company (manufacturer) suggests to the retailer to sell the product

Wholesale is the price that a company buys the product in bulk amounts and sells it less than MSRP, but are still making a small profit. Amazon will sell below this amount, since they are like costco, but only online, so they can save money in human and physical capital (stores and personnel to run said stores)... that's amazon's whole philosophy.

So, yes, I do know what MSRP is... its kinda of a DUH! type of for me. If you got it off ebay or craigslist or the amazon marketplace, you usually find items cheaper. I got a Blackberry brand new there in November... for 19% off MSRP

Harvest

jesus christ...I'm still having incredible back pain for no reason...and my god damn fucking headphones fucking broke...it needs to be very carefully taped and I think I can do it..however..every time I get close...my back hurts like a bitch..

god damnit...guess its time for new headphone..

:'(
-

DrP

Harvest

I doubt I've developed serious back problems at 17.

It just needs to fuck off, now, before I kill myself by impaling myself through the spot on my back.....that will teach it to be sore for no reason..
-

DrP

they arent for serious issues. when I was doing swim or jogging stuff and my back began to hurt, i went (matter of fact, i went to a chiropractor yesterday)... trust me, even though i don't consider them "real" doctors even though they are, it will save you from having serious back surgery in 10 years!

Oni-Link

I like how the Minish Cap manga has a bit more story to it then the game. For example:
Melari, a Picori of the Mountain Minish, was fighting with the Forest Minish because he was using trees to turn to charcoal or something to work in his blacksmith. Because of the fighting, his wife fell ill due to stress and died, Unlike the game.