The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Ash's pikachu is apparently level 50 according to the wi-fi event.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SuperFireKirby

Just did the whole idoser thing. Didn't give me anything but a headache.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ALPRAS

just caught a cold... (Thats odd because its warm like hell...)

SlowPokemon

Gah... scraped the top of my mouth on something... Now it hurts to eat.  :(
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

I can't be cynical for thinking that a lot of higher education policies are really to get your money, right?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Brassman388

Well. Education is a 20th century idea for keeping the younger populaces occupied. As well as feeding money into something as simple as a piece of paper that says you can do something. Because nowadays, words aren't good enough.

Nah, you're not cynical at all.

Maretocks

Cynicism is closer than anything to the truth, anyway. ;P

So I wake up at 3am (that's only about 1-2 hour's sleep, mind) with a fit of sneezing that feels like someone's sandpapering the back of my throat. Same thing happened at 5. I feel like crap.

But no school. So I have time to complete assignments and do revision, i.e., learn, and I'm home alone so I get to sing at the top of my lungs. Yay. ^_^
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Ruto

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 15, 2010, 03:24:58 PMWell. Education is a 20th century idea for keeping the younger populaces occupied. As well as feeding money into something as simple as a piece of paper that says you can do something. Because nowadays, words aren't good enough.

Nah, you're not cynical at all.

Yay!!  ;) Thing is that I went transferred colleges and they don't want to accept the classes I want to use for a major. So I'm going to be stuck there for another 3 years or so working on another major. But I won't receive enough financial aid because I don't need to take any more "general education" classes to pad my schedule with. Now the question is, do I triple major??

Quote from: Maretocks on July 15, 2010, 03:29:09 PMCynicism is closer than anything to the truth, anyway. ;P

So I wake up at 3am (that's only about 1-2 hour's sleep, mind) with a fit of sneezing that feels like someone's sandpapering the back of my throat. Same thing happened at 5. I feel like crap.

But no school. So I have time to complete assignments and do revision, i.e., learn, and I'm home alone so I get to sing at the top of my lungs. Yay. ^_^

Maybe you should take a break  ;D
You can get rid of your cold if you keep your body temperature high enough so the virus can't reproduce. Colds also have nothing to do with the season, people only associate it with winter because people spend more time together indoors then, which makes it easier to spread viruses.

Roz~

I can now legally buy beer and lottery tickets. My friends will now harass me so I buy them some. Woo.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Brassman388

Quote from: Ruto on July 15, 2010, 06:33:06 PMYay!!  ;) Thing is that I went transferred colleges and they don't want to accept the classes I want to use for a major. So I'm going to be stuck there for another 3 years or so working on another major. But I won't receive enough financial aid because I don't need to take any more "general education" classes to pad my schedule with. Now the question is, do I triple major??

The more majors you attempt, the more money you have to put in. I would advise starting on a smaller degree. Go to junior college for a year or two and earn your first degree. After that, go to a university and start on your bachelor's and master's as soon as you can. School overall isn't cheap. Therefore, you have to find the quickest way on earning back the money you just spent on your education. 

Ruto

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 15, 2010, 07:58:00 PMThe more majors you attempt, the more money you have to put in. I would advise starting on a smaller degree. Go to junior college for a year or two and earn your first degree. After that, go to a university and start on your bachelor's and master's as soon as you can. School overall isn't cheap. Therefore, you have to find the quickest way on earning back the money you just spent on your education. 

The bad news is the degree I want to get only offers classes on a yearly sequence and you need take them in that order, so I'll be stuck there until the sequence repeats itself and I'm able to take all of the classes. If the class fills up, I won't even be able to take it that year. The college I'm going to is fairly cheap, and a full financial aid package means they're practically paying me to go to college. But in order to get full financial aid, I need more classes than one major will allow me to take per semester.

The other majors I'm thinking don't rely on a "sequence" and I think it's even possible for me to finish the first 2 degrees in two years since I already have credits there. The real issue is that I'll still be in school while my friends are off to find work. Left behind... :'(

My dad's already trying to push me to the work force but he's willing to pay for multiple BAs if I can go into multiple fields as long as I find work when I'm in my late 20s.  Nothing beats being qualified to teach in 3-5 subjects...thanks for your input though. It really cheered me up  ;D

Quote from: Roz~ on July 15, 2010, 07:54:44 PMI can now legally buy beer and lottery tickets. My friends will now harass me so I buy them some. Woo.

I want some beer too. Nothing like a depressant to chase the blues away :D

universe-X

Oooh, long posts ╤_╤

And beer's only a depressant add-on ;)

Ruto

Sorry about that, Universe. (How'd you make that face?) But I am reminded unpleasantly of real life. And also the fact I'm not old enough to buy beer.

ALPRAS

Ah, come to Portugal where you can start drinking legally when you're 16 :P I can drink legally for 2 years and half lol
I hate drunk people, specially girls. I hate girls drinking. Give them bad images I think. Drink alcohol en high quantities make people stupid and most of them just drink a lot like "hey, look at me, Im cool because I drink a lot, Im a rebel"...
When I have problems with like, I never drink, drunk myself or try to find a solution in alcoholic drinks, since because alcohol doesnt gives you a solution for your problems, just hide them and gives you a momentary good disposition. The problem is that when you drink a lot when your sad, you get an alcohol addiction and a fake solution to your problems...

Apart from this, Alcohol rules!

I also hate smokers

Maretocks

When I do start drinking (I'm not planning to become an alcoholic :P) I'm not going to drink so as to get drunk. And never smoke. There's simply no point in my opinion.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>