News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

universe-X

Wow, just spent the past 4 hours with very little internet and spent the last 2 of them starting on Algebra hw and texting to a friend.

Harvest

-

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 15, 2010, 01:21:40 PMI don't think so. We can take it chronologically. All temperatures in Celsius.

First, you wake up with lovely 35 degrees in your bed, and 10 degrees in the rest of the room. Also, it's pretty dark at this time (that's part of the winter charm, folks! Eight hours of sunlight every day - if you live down south). You'll have to dress in two layers of clothing to keep warm indoors (three if you count the underwear).

Then, walking to school. As we speak "insanely cold winter", I guess we're in the vicinity of -35 degrees here. That means, another two layers of clothing. You can barely move, but have to walk for half an hour. It's still dark (will be for another two hours), so you'll have to use reflectors not to be run over by cars. You'll also have to cover your face to avoid frostbites (whatever you cover it with will be very damp because of your breath, and later freeze). Your toes and fingers WILL be cold the first ten minutes or so. You'll either be wading in snow or balancing on a very slippery surface here. If you get sweaty, the clothes will be icy the next time you wear them.

Once you get back inside, time to get those clothes off. Your face feels scolded, and your shoes and pants are wet (or will be, when the snow melts). If you use glasses, they will be covered in dew the first minute or so. It's easier to catch a cold with all the damp clothes around, and the great temperature differences.

The electricity bill is another fun little detail.

Combine it all with the partial or total lack of sunlight, add wind as you please, and you'll be longing for summer before a week. You'll be staying inside most of the time too, so you better have a good Internet connection, plenty of good books, or lots of TV channels.

Believe me.
Well I've lived in both situations. I used to live in Washington state which it could get very cold there. Not to mention the ice cold rain ontop of the cold weather conditions because wet season just happens to be in the winter. And I still liked winter there better than summer here

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

universe-X

Brassman388

Jamaha

This is what I called my home just a day ago.

So yeah, I'm moving. Which also explains why I shut down Zeta.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Maretocks

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Nakah

KefkaticFanatic

JaMaHa: Macbook? For shame!

Also, how is the new place?

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

New place? Moving back home. Still stuck in this unfurnished one for the next week.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Just played Oiligarchy. Possibly the greatest flash game in existence.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

I should probably see a therapist before I snap :D
-