News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

I can't even think about doing it now.  However, I was somehow able to play in front of an entire elementary school of somewhere around 300 kids in an auditorium when I was in 4th or 5th grade.  It terrifies me to even consider that I did.

And I see what you mean about with an orchestra.  It's nowhere near as bad when you're just a cog in the machine.  But being the pianist in the orchestra, damn.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Actually, I'm thinking about playing a piano part for a song in a concert coming up (Carol of the Bells/Greensleeves). I know it has one, so maybe I can play it. . .

SuperFireKirby

I'm preety glad I wasn't here for that little argument about Davey trolling and swearing too much and who's an attention whore and who's not.

But anyways...

My sister argues that hip-hop dancers are better dancers than Fred Astaire. HOW THE HELL CAN ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THINK THAT! Hip-hop and rap are the cesspool that the morons with no talent in anything involving music are dropped into. The neanderthals who beat on rocks with sticks took more skill than hip-hop does. Fred Astaire is positively one of the best dancers and just performers in general of all time. I guess its official. America is now a cultural wasteland.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Because she's a woman.

Am I srs?  YOU DECIDE.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

wow the weekend is already over..back to school again...ah..
 :'(
-

Brassman388

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Brassman388

Harvest

My history class is such a joke.

Today we determined who the super powers are in todays world (somehow relevant to spend half a class on this when we're studying Rome?)

We determined:
Russia
USA
China
Switzerland
UK

Also runner ups were France and Canada.

This was the rational: "lol Switzerland has good health care and education and everyone there HAS to own a gun"

I thought I was in a University level course, with a teacher who actually went to teachers college.  Apparently not.

My suggestion of India was wiped off because "They aren't a world power they only have a lot of people, maybe in 10 years"  Yeah, yet Canada is on the list later than that.  Yes, thanks for being patriotic, but we aren't a super power in the slightest..and neither is Switzerland..

Also, UK and France are more moderate powers now..
-

Cobraroll

Russia is falling apart and failing overall. Declining live time expectancy, freedom and foregin relations, increasing poverty, corruption and worklessness (I bet there is a word for that).

USA works okay. Still, too much bureaucracy to be able to actually do anything.

China is booming, and going to overtake the USA. If they not get a small revolution, which will destabilize things for a few years, then come booming back as a legitimate democracy.

Switzerland is neutral, with high living standards, education, and one of the best democracies around. Perhaps no superpower, but more of an ideal nation. And gun ovnership is quite low, as far as I'm aware.

The UK is falling apart too. Too much bureaucracy, basically. Things take forever to do, no matter what, and idleness (is that a better word) is growing, while national income falls.

Canada is, much like Switzerland, quite ideal. It helps having the USA as a neighbour, really shows off the contrast.

France is a joke.

And I wouldn't discount the USAf if that ever becomes a reality. The United States of Africa would have the largest area of any country, the third highest population, mahoosive natural resources and control of valuable trade routes. Give them solar power technology as well, and watch the growth. But until then, watch chaos.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Dude

Davey

Okay, so x^2 + 16 can't be factored.

I'm not going crazy. Good.
I'm officially at the 'oh u' stage at algebra 2. Shit is getting more and more confusing every day.

inb4 flame. this factoring part is just part of a larger problem and this had me stopped for a few moments.

Harvest

Yes, Switzerland is a great place to live and all that but it really doesn't have a great amount of influence on world affairs.  You certainly don't see it starting any wars etc.

Also: POST 1000!

A MILESTONE
-

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Harvest

Quote from: DaveyTheRebel on November 16, 2009, 03:59:08 PMOkay, so x^2 + 16 can't be factored.

I'm not going crazy. Good.
I'm officially at the 'oh u' stage at algebra 2. Shit is getting more and more confusing every day.

inb4 flame. this factoring part is just part of a larger problem and this had me stopped for a few moments.

haha...I can't even remember what factoring is..

Luckily I'm dropping down to "mixed" math instead of university math because I'm too stupid :P

History majors don't need math!  Or at least I hope not :D
-