The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

if harvest moon has taught me anything of farming or animals, it's that chickens love it when you pick them up and put them back down immediately.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Davey

mantis985

I think its about time to break out Civilization 3 again.

Harvest

Quote from: mantis985 on August 09, 2009, 08:00:24 PMI think its about time to break out Civilization 3 again.
. Ahh, the many hours of my childhood spent playing that game.  I remember my greatest file as the Ottoman Empire, I said at the start I was going to be peaceful.  I ended up conquering most of the world.
-

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Harvest on August 09, 2009, 04:02:25 PMHoly fuck its hot here!  fucking humidity.
Dude, don't even talk to me about humidity. I live in fucking florida. And it was twice as bad of a feeling since I had been in New Mexico for to weeks and now it  feels like im walking through a hot spring. Ten days in complete wilderness. Best experience ever.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Composer #40

That's what it's like here * and everyone who hates the summer should move to a place where it's spring/autumn all year round. 

It happens Every. Day!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mantis985

Ok.  I live in Buffalo.  Take every single weather complaint you could possibly have(except hurricanes), and then go thrhough each one on a seasonal basis.  Yesterday it was 90, super-humid, and thunderstorming.  In 3 months It'll be 6 degrees and we'll probably have 3 feet of snow.

SuperFireKirby

Well in florida, the average day we have 95% humidity, and its at least 90 degrees out and thunderstorming by late afternoon. Plus, from may to late november we have hurricane season as well as the possibilty of tornadoes in the winter and early spring when their is less humidity.

Cobraroll

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 10, 2009, 08:40:05 AMI don't hate summer. Just florida.
Dueling Dragons (soon to be Wizarding World of Harry Potter)
Incredible Hulk
Manta
Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit
Montu
SheiKra
Kumba
Expedition Everst
The rest of DisneyWorld
SeaWorld Orlando.

What is there to hate? It more than outweighs the weather, or it should at least. Try living in a place where the temperature exceeds 20 degrees (Celsius) only thirty days a year. You'll end up missing the hurricanes.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 10, 2009, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 10, 2009, 08:40:05 AMI don't hate summer. Just florida.
Dueling Dragons (soon to be Wizarding World of Harry Potter)
Incredible Hulk
Manta
Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit
Montu
SheiKra
Kumba
Expedition Everst
The rest of DisneyWorld
SeaWorld Orlando.

What is there to hate? It more than outweighs the weather, or it should at least. Try living in a place where the temperature exceeds 20 degrees (Celsius) only thirty days a year. You'll end up missing the hurricanes.
You forgot about the Gwazi, largest wooden rollercoaster on the eastern seaboard.

Harvest

w00t, new air conditioner installed!  Pushes much more air into my room.  Comfort at last!
-

Cobraroll

^^Gwazi's been slated a bit in polls, and is apparently the weakest coaster from the company who made it (to their defense, it was also only their second). Besides, with El Toro around, one can't really praise other woodies from the East Coast without mentioning it. So yeah, you can enjoy Gwazi as well. And Scorpion. And Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. And Space Mountain.

And Busch Gardens Tampa has been rumoured to get another coaster as well, a Bolliger&Mabillard Megacoaster if one is to believe the buzz (which also say 2011, as Busch has sold the parks to InBev, and the parks don't get as much money from the management as before). If so, it would likely be the largest coaster in Florida.

Anyway, compare that list to the entire coaster lineup of Norway.  :'(
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Jamaha

Davey