News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatHiddenCharacter

I agree, but it is the third most-used language in the world, with approx. 335,000,000 speakers. It's behind Spanish and Chinese.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Olimar12345

I doubt anyone has control over what their first language gets to be.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

it isnt a lingua franca for the simplicity of it to write/speak/comprehend, that's for damn sure lol

Zunawe

It's widely used because it has been spread by imperialism and emphasized by its use in some of the most influential countries in history. It's incredibly rare that a language is used or developed for its objective advantages (if there are such things). In fact, the only instance that comes to mind is the Korean alphabet, which was consciously reworked to involve simpler shapes.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

LeviR.star

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 08, 2017, 03:37:16 PMFor AP Lang, we're reading The Scarlet Letter (starting today), and we have to do vocab work. *looks at vocab thread* this will be fun.

My gosh, I read that last semester for U.S. Lit, or Advanced Sophomore English. It was horrible.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

"Terrible writing" horrible or "disturbing subject matter" horrible? I managed to make it through high school without touching the book, so I have no clue.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Nebbles on March 08, 2017, 02:22:43 PMI live in the US and think English is a stupid language lol

^^^

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 08, 2017, 03:37:16 PMHeh heh

For AP Lang, we're reading The Scarlet Letter (starting today), and we have to do vocab work. *looks at vocab thread* this will be fun.

PRETERNATURAL

We read that book earlier this year, and sometimes I feel like the only one who didn't completely hate it.

Also, some people think it's a hard book, but I didn't think it was too bad. (At least, it's way easier than A Tale of Two Cities...)

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on March 08, 2017, 06:16:47 PM"Terrible writing" horrible or "disturbing subject matter" horrible? I managed to make it through high school without touching the book, so I have no clue.
I'll tell you my thoughts on it when I finish it
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dude

Posting on nsm just to explain people's posts feels like a chore. I wish we had more intelligent posts with interesting topics.

MaestroUGC

The Scarlet Letter is decently written, it's just dreadfully slow.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

LeviR.star

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 08, 2017, 07:58:15 PMThe Scarlet Letter is decently written, it's just dreadfully slow.

Main reason why I didn't enjoy it.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Nebbles

Didn't the man write a whole goddamn chapter on a rosebush? Symbolic or not, jesus christ man, it's a goddamn bush.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pianist Da Sootopolis

A short story worth checking out if you're into things that get progressively more fucked up: The Yellow Wallpaper.
what is shitpost

LeviR.star

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on March 08, 2017, 08:13:23 PMA short story worth checking out if you're into things that get progressively more fucked up: The Yellow Wallpaper.

Ooh, yes, we read that, too.