The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Quote from: Dude on January 29, 2017, 09:31:36 PMwhen can we?
i guess when he actually leaves would be the answer...

Well it was nice while it lasted.

FireArrow

I mean he does contribute to the site he just needs to stop cosplaying as that gamer.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

E. Gadd Industries

Dang, it's hard to believe that 2 years ago on this day, these forums got a new member. They were pretty awkward, and didn't really know what was going on. They knew no one, no one knew them, and yet, they made themselves known to the community. 2 years ago, this same person had no idea what this community would become to them, that over time, it would grow to mean so much. On that day, they joined without a reason, which is the best reason anyone could have. That same person, who remains active to this day, has seen a lot over the past 2 years, and has grown even more. Friendships have been forged, sheets have been arranged, stories have been told, and none with regret. This person is called E. Gadd Industries, and I intend to stay here for FAR longer than 2 years.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

I'm very glad to have you around, E. Gadd.

E. Gadd Industries

I'm just as grateful for your mentoring me.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

You're all right, E. Gadd. You're all right.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

A terrorist attack happening ~5 minutes from your own home is pretty frightening.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

mikey

that means you're letting the terrorists win
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 30, 2017, 07:15:30 AMYou're all right, E. Gadd. You're all right.
Thanks, Slow. You're pretty cool, too.

Roz: D: AIYEE! Everything okay?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Tobbeh99

I just want to warn you guys from some things, from my experience. I work with goods/packages and also with "dangerous goods", dangerous "stuff". And I want to inform you a bit about a thing that you may not know being dangerous. And the one thing "Lithium-ion-batteries" which are inside mobile-phones and some computers and i-pads (among other things).

Those ones (from what I've heard) are really really dangerous if things goes wrong to them. Because from what I've heard if those are to be start burning, the gas is hot, poisonous and corrosive! And the thing is, you barely can extinguish the fire a battery starts burning, the only thing (that I've heard of) is Halogen. Because the fire can fuel itself from the batteries (you cannot choke the fire) and if you put water on it I believe that will not make much difference at all (but maybe cool down the battery a bit) or maybe even intensify the fire (but idk). So that's really dangerous. But crazy enough, those batteries are also dangerous in contact with water! I'm not 100% sure what happens if they get in contact with water, but I guess it'll start some chemical reaction similar to "burning", and that is also dangerous.

One important note to make is that they can start to burn if they are "under pressure" (like packed really tightly) so be careful with that.

BUT, I want to relieve you by saying that they are safe within an equipment, like a phone, a computer etc (or more life "safe enough"). Rather than being detached from one. But I think you should still be careful, even though they re kind of safe, and not expose them to heat, water or pressure. And if they start "burning" or "malfunctioning" or "in water" I'd suggest to just "Get the fuck out of there!". 

So to conclude:
Lithium-batteries are dangerous when:
Put on fire
Under pressure
Put in water
(and also) - That many household items are actually kind of dangerous when put in the wrong circumstances!

So be careful.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/safety_concerns_with_li_ion

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 31, 2017, 03:45:03 PMAnd if they start "burning" or "malfunctioning" or "in water" I'd suggest to just "Get the fuck out of there!". 
This has been practical life advice, with Tobbeh.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Tobbeh99

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 31, 2017, 03:50:41 PMThis has been practical life advice, with Tobbeh.

Thanks E.Gadd! :D

-Obviously people understand that putting things on fire makes it burn, but you may not think that some things are dangerous in water. So I was just thinking that, in theory, some could you know have their phone near a place of water (like a swimming-pool, beach etc.) and that could be dangerous. But I still think that people have some common sense and not just "I'm going to put the battery in water", that makes just no sense. And as I said, the equipment will probably protect some of the damage, so it may not be "that dramatic". 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dudeman

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 31, 2017, 03:45:03 PMLithium-batteries are dangerous when:
Put on fire
Under pressure
Put in water
(and also) - That many household items are actually kind of dangerous when put in the wrong circumstances!
See also: Things Everybody Knows.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book