Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

mikey

Well, maybe you have different standards than I do
1. It pleases Mother so much. 

2. It is a fine mark of manliness. 

3. It proves I have self control. 

4. It indicates how clearly my mind operates. 

5. It makes my conversation so pleasing to everybody. 

6. It leaves no doubt in anyone's mind as to my good breeding. 

7. It impresses people that I have more than ordinary education. 

8. It is and unmistakable sign or culture and refinement. 

9. It makes me a very desirable personality among women and children and in respectable society. 

10. It is my way of honoring God who said, "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain."

-10 reasons why I swear
unmotivated

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

SlowPokemon

No offense intended, Noc, but even if you consider all of those reasons not to swear legitimate, that doesn't make them absolutes. I'm pretty sure none of the points you're trying to make apply to the mindset of PDS (or me, for that matter).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

I know, it's just a funny little thing that I read in a book once and thought it was humorous but at the same time it's true for me
unmotivated

Dudeman

There's nothing inherently "bad" about swearing, though certain words convey stronger, baser, and/or more vulgar emotions than others. The main thing to consider is how socially acceptable certain words are in a given place or situation. I personally use the principle, "reserve strong words for strong situations."
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 09, 2016, 06:17:37 PMWell, maybe you have different standards than I do
1. It pleases Mother so much. 
Swearing does? And that's why it's bad?
Quote2. It is a fine mark of manliness. 
Swearing's a mark of manliness? I must by Bear Grylls by this point.
Quote3. It proves I have self control. 
How? What about the words "fuck", "shit", "bitch", etc. indicates a lack of self control? Is it because they're "bad"? Why are they bad?

Quote4. It indicates how clearly my mind operates. 
Not very clearly, if you base that off of this list.
Quote5. It makes my conversation so pleasing to everybody. 
Except it doesn't. There's no inherent value in not having certain words in your vocabulary; you can argue (though you'd be wrong) that these words are bad to HAVE, but not having bad words doesn't give you a positive, it's just a net neutral.
Quote6. It leaves no doubt in anyone's mind as to my good breeding. 
lol what
I don't think I even need to address this..
Quote7. It impresses people that I have more than ordinary education. 
Quote8. It is and unmistakable sign or culture and refinement. 
Firstly, "and" is not an article.
Quote9. It makes me a very desirable personality among women and children and in respectable society. 
*citation needed
Quote10. It is my way of honoring God who said, "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain."
So, any other swearing from "Yahweh" is okay?
what is shitpost

cashwarrior1

I also think of it as a respect value. If you're talking to somebody you know is okay with you swearing, then it's okay. But, if you're in an area where you don't know everyone's thoughts and views on it, then you should probably respect them and not do it. For example, I do not like it when people swear. I try to not be a bother by ignoring it and respecting that they are choosing to swear. But I also ask that you respect me and keep in mind that some people don't like seeing you swear just because you feel like it.

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 09, 2016, 06:38:42 PMSwearing does? And that's why it's bad?Swearing's a mark of manliness? I must by Bear Grylls by this point.How? What about the words "fuck", "shit", "bitch", etc. indicates a lack of self control? Is it because they're "bad"? Why are they bad?
Not very clearly, if you base that off of this list.Except it doesn't. There's no inherent value in not having certain words in your vocabulary; you can argue (though you'd be wrong) that these words are bad to HAVE, but not having bad words doesn't give you a positive, it's just a net neutral.lol what
I don't think I even need to address this..Firstly, "and" is not an article.*citation neededSo, any other swearing from "Yahweh" is okay?
then PDS writes a dissertation in response
AwesomeYears can I get a Kappa in here
unmotivated

EFitTrainr

as long as you don't tell me not to swear, I don't give a fuck
I like food.

E. Gadd Industries

I just live by my own rules of not swearing. It doesn't bother me to hear others (I watch SMG4 videos, for crying out loud), but I avoid doing it myself. :P simple as that
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Hero of Trains

I never swear in anger, but I will for comedic effect or if quoting someone. Of course, this means my insults are usually something like "you foolish fool, cease this foolishness" because I can't replace swearing in my head very diversely.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Hero of Trains on October 10, 2016, 08:20:11 PMI never swear in anger, but I will for comedic effect or if quoting someone. Of course, this means my insults are usually something like "you foolish fool, cease this foolishness" because I can't replace swearing in my head very diversely.

Thanks Franziska
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: braixen1264 on October 09, 2016, 01:09:39 PMThere is a worryingly high amount of people.
NSM Green is people.

Also, why y'all taking Noc way too seriously??
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber