The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Drink a Rockstar. Enjoy the company of your own thoughts.
what is shitpost

mikey

energy drinks are for wimps and people who think they're cool
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Magic the Gathering is for nerds and people who have no life or hygiene

See I can make broad generalizing statements too
what is shitpost

cashwarrior1

Forum pages are for people who... (I dunno what to put, somebody finish it for me!)

braix

Forums are for people with no life outside of the internet
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on September 06, 2016, 02:00:07 PMMagic the Gathering is for nerds and people who have no life or hygiene

See I can make broad generalizing statements too
you can, but yours is created just to be mean with no basis in fact
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I could say that exact same for yours, given that the inherent value (or lack thereof) of an energy drink is entirely subjective (unless you count the price tag), just as it is with MTG.
what is shitpost

mikey

mine was created cause it's the truth though, so you couldn't say the exact same
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 06, 2016, 03:30:17 PMmine was created cause it's the truth though,
[citation needed]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 06, 2016, 03:30:17 PMso you couldn't say the exact same
I can say it, and it'll have just as much weight as your statement, as both are purely subjective opinions :D
what is shitpost

mikey

false.

Why do you drink an energy drink?  For energy.  This is a fact.  If you need an energy drink for energy, then you don't have enough energy of your own, and are therefore a wimp.  The same applies to coffee.
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 06, 2016, 03:38:30 PMWhy do you drink an energy drink?  For energy.  This is a fact.
False premise. For one, define "energy". If you mean a more alert mental state, then yes, that's the primary reason MOST people drink them as opposed to regular sodas.
That isn't the only reason, though; many people actually like the taste of specific kinds of energy drinks (pina colada rockstar is actually really good tasting).
 If you need an energy drink for energy, then you don't have enough energy of your own,[/quote]
Another false premise. Simply because you have enough energy of your own doesn't mean you couldn't want more. Yes, if you drink it explicitly for the energy aspect, you presumably want more, but not necessarily because you lack it to begin with. Many people, myself included, like the state of higher alertness.
In addition, I don't "need" energy drinks, they're just a luxury that I sometimes get to help me work on things late into the night, or just to have a nice feeling in your head.

Quoteand are therefore a wimp.
Subjective correlation between wanting energy and being a wimp (and that is defined differently from person to person).

QuoteThe same applies to coffee.
Because nobody drinks decaf, right? :P
what is shitpost

braix

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber