News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Sorry for the subject change, but does anyone have suggestions on earbuds and/or headphones? They should be reasonably cheap, have good audio, and should be able to filter out some of the outside noise. They don't have to be noise-cancelling, though. I'm just starting to become annoyed with my current pair, which I think I've used for maybe 3-4 years, since sounds like conversations, pots and pans clattering, hair dryers in use and sinks running interrupt any attempts I make to do anything music-related.

Maelstrom

I don't have any specific recommendations, but you probably want to look for in-ear earbuds/headphones. Those tend to be cheaper than noise canceling ones simply because they act like earplugs. However, anything relatively cheap is not going to be comfortable for long listening periods. When you say cheap, what do you mean? Cheap headphones for some people are $10-15, for others $50-75, and to yet others, $100-150.

Sebastian

Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 04, 2016, 07:43:09 PMSorry for the subject change, but does anyone have suggestions on earbuds and/or headphones? They should be reasonably cheap, have good audio, and should be able to filter out some of the outside noise. They don't have to be noise-cancelling, though. I'm just starting to become annoyed with my current pair, which I think I've used for maybe 3-4 years, since sounds like conversations, pots and pans clattering, hair dryers in use and sinks running interrupt any attempts I make to do anything music-related.
Sol Republic.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Pretentious? Last time he hooked me up with some dank headphone recommendations! D:<
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Well, in that case, I'd like some earbuds as well. The ones I have are OK (sennheiser somethings or other - Got em on sale for around $40), but I lost the most comfortable tips. I'd like something that could work durring outside labor, but still has hq sound, preferably neutral tonality.

cashwarrior1

My head phones work perfectly fine... whenever no one else is making noise...

Ruto

So this most recent trip:

I started in NYC, flew to Milan, took the train into Venice, took a day trip to Padua, went to Vienna, took a day trip to Eisenstadt and then went to Munich to catch the plane back home. I took over 4500 photos and I ran out of space towards the end so I was spending nights deleting stuff from my card after backing them up in the only hard drive I brought.

I can't believe I spent less than $2k and I spent half of that from being in Venice for only SIX days. Time to look at my photos, whoo.

heres one but dont stalk me

Spoiler
[close]
I thought about cropping this but I think it's really great how it turned out. Not once did I use that cheap little tripod I brought which was a waste of space imo...also, does anyone know how to profit of photography? haha

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

if you did crop it I would consider cropping it in a way that the waterline bisects the picture, which is probably what you considered :P  I agree that it turned out nice though (maybe get rid of those backpackers in front they're out of place lol)
unmotivated

Ruto

Rule of thirds lol I actually wanted to shift the photo more to the left...

Yeah I took this when people were gathering for a free outdoor concert so there was no way I could have gotten it without people. I took another shot behind me and there lawn was literally filled with people who wanted to see it.

Spoiler
[close]

mikey

but like when you have a structure THAT symmetrical rule of thirds doesn't seem the greatest lol, I always thought that was for more live subjects, not scenery/structures.  And the people in the picture were almost perfect except for those two in front ruining the balance
unmotivated

Ruto

You can use anything for anything lol

Now that you mention it, I can't stop staring at those two. There is another pair on the other side, but at least they're not wearing such flashy colors. I can give it a try to see if I like the result but then I lose the bragging rights about not using the photo as shot!

Dude

What's the human equivalent of being spayed or neutered? I'm asking for a friend.

braix

vasectomy/tubal ligation?
or is that something else?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BlackDragonSlayer

Castration? Sterilization? Depends on how specific you want to be.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber