News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 06, 2016, 07:14:11 PMI don't think I've ever told my piano tutor that most of the pieces I play are from video games. It's been well over a year.

Sometimes I play something slow-paced like "Piranha Plant's Lullaby" or something, and I get compliments from at least one of my parents, and then I tell them that it's from a video game. Sometimes their attitude completely changes, while sometimes they still compliment it. However, if I play something fast-paced, they instantly know it's from a video game. I find that interesting.
That's also been the case chez moi. Since my parents mostly listen to classical stuff, they know the difference between classical and video game music pretty well. I think the only thing that has fooled my parents was the music from the Nimbus Castle in Super Mario RPG, I've totally forgotten the name of it.

It's always a bit awkward when someone asks me what my musical tastes are, but since my tastes are varied, (my top five are probably impressionist music, bossa nova, trap, metal, and video game music), by the time I get to "video game music", they don't bat an eye.

Nitro Indigo

I want to do a remix, but I'm not sure what. DX Any ideas? Nothing too complicated.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

braix

Easy, just do what sounds cool in your head
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 06, 2016, 07:14:11 PMI don't think I've ever told my piano tutor that most of the pieces I play are from video games. It's been well over a year.

Sometimes I play something slow-paced like "Piranha Plant's Lullaby" or something, and I get compliments from at least one of my parents, and then I tell them that it's from a video game. Sometimes their attitude completely changes, while sometimes they still compliment it. However, if I play something fast-paced, they instantly know it's from a video game. I find that interesting.

My parents used to think video game music was just "beeps and bloops" and turned their nose up at it until i introduced them to Shadow of the Collossus.... collusas.. col... Big Things, and their attitude had completely changed and they now associate big cliché-ish orchestral stuff with VGM witch *which* means that whenever I write something for full orchestra they then say "uhuhuhuhuhu video game music is it?"

it is like a bad medicine
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Nitro Indigo

According to Wikipedia, Shadow of the Colossus is an art game...? I don't really like the concept of "true art" because to be honest I find it rather pretentious. I have nothing against SOTC, by the way.

My order of a GameCube controller and memory card have been dispatched... but not the games. Which I easily could've bought in a retail Cex store. Oh well.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dudeman

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on May 07, 2016, 01:09:44 PMAccording to Wikipedia
Pro tip: you won't be taken that seriously if you lead a sentence with this. That being said, SotC being an art game? ...maybe? I wouldn't say so.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

I find the categories on Wikipedia video game pages hilarious because they can make happy happy sunshine and rainbows (?) games seem darker than they really are. Look at Spirit Tracks' page to see what I mean.

InsigTurtle

watching people cook while narrating with a pretentious tone makes me feel homicidal

shit man, just cook your goddamn 'duxellessssssssssss' normally

Shadoninja

Quote from: DrP on May 06, 2016, 10:09:08 PMYes

I've been trying to contact spittyspit for what feels like 2 days now. If you see him again, could you let him know I have a question for him?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Ōkami~MD on May 07, 2016, 12:10:07 PMMy parents used to think video game music was just "beeps and bloops" and turned their nose up at it until i introduced them to Shadow of the Collossus.... collusas.. col... Big Things, and their attitude had completely changed and they now associate big cliché-ish orchestral stuff with VGM witch *which* means that whenever I write something for full orchestra they then say "uhuhuhuhuhu video game music is it?"

it is like a bad medicine
My mom isn't much of a video game person, but when she hears the Brinstar theme from the original Metroid, she goes, "Oh... Metroid." :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nitro Indigo

Yesterday, my laptop screen suddenly got covered in tiny lines again after not having them for weeks. =c

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: InsigTurtle on May 07, 2016, 07:57:39 PMwatching people cook while narrating with a pretentious tone makes me feel homicidal

Toadayyy we are cooking an AMAAAAZING dish called SPAGhetti Bowl-a-nease. First PUT the FABULOUS SpagHEETTTII in the Pan and WATCH it BOIL. Fabulous

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 06, 2016, 08:12:24 PMI practically only play video game songs on the piano. XD
Although, I haven't learned many fast-paced ones.

you're too slow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nitro Indigo

Ōkami~MD

*hairflip*
FABULOUS