News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Olimar12345

Not to mention, ONM should't be considered a "critic" for the reasons in my last post lmao.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Yeah the fact that an official Nintendo magazine reviews Nintendo products is hella amusing
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 02, 2016, 06:37:16 PMYeah the fact that an official Nintendo magazine reviews Nintendo products is hella amusing

Don't think that was what Dude was referring to

SlowPokemon

I know and I really love the irony but I was responding to Olimar haha

shadowhunter301

Well, I finally got the financial aid amount for my top two schools: UC Berkeley and UCLA.
For Berkeley, I got the offer of $12,532 and for UCLA, I got $15,263. Thing is, UCLA's tuition is considerably larger and I do not know which college I want to choose. Both are the college I really want to go to and I love them pretty much equally....

Zeila

Really? I was under the impression that each UC is relatively the same in terms of price (at least, tuition wise). Also, while both colleges are pretty good, I think Berkeley is slightly better overall. You should look into it based off of your major and see which college offers more for it

This is something that you might not do anyways, but if you live close enough to one of them to the point where you can commute, that is something to consider as well. Gratz btw!

shadowhunter301

Oops sorry Zeil! Wrong usage of words there. I didn't mean considerably. Just a ~$6,000 difference. But yeah, thank you!  ;D
Honestly, I was really shocked when I got into Berkeley and UCLA. It was a dream come true. It was pretty risky too, because I only applied to those two schools.

And yeah, I should look more into the business majors. I could commute easily to UCLA from my house, but I will have to live in a dorm for UC Berkeley. I can't spend ten hours (by car) or sixteen hours (by bus) commuting to and from Berkeley. XD

mikey

UCLA was on my hitlist list of colleges I was looking at, mostly because I think I'd like LA better as a location
unmotivated

Zunawe

Quote from: shadowhunter301 on May 02, 2016, 07:39:56 PMIt was pretty risky too, because I only applied to those two schools.
All you youngsters still in high school, do not do this. Don't even consider it. I don't care if you don't like half the schools you apply to, or if you're 103% certain that you'll get into your top school, or that essays are tedious and boring. What's $50 and a few hours if it can ensure that an unfortunate circumstance does not become worse? If college is going to be a major part of your life, make sure it can be.

In any case, I'm glad it worked out for you, shadowhunter.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FireArrow

Quote from: Zunawe on May 02, 2016, 09:37:03 PMAll you youngsters still in high school, do not do this.

Especially if those 2 schoolds are UCLA and Berkley. I know a guy with a 4.0+ gpa that didn't get in.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

DrP

I would think in-state schools would have the same tuition (when I applied to UCLA, UCB, UCD and UCSB, they were all the same)...

But that's super cool you got into both I didn't get into either

IMO Berkeley is generally better all around, and for business as well. UCLA is a fantastic school too. However, from personal experience it is much better to not live at home your first year or two so you can get the chance to be on your own and have the full college experience. I do get the standpoint from saving money, but the intangible value may be significantly higher. Think of the opportunity cost and weigh that. (Plus you get to live near SF)..

I have a friend who has lived at home through college and even in the beginning of his career and he never had the chance to make the mistakes and learn what it really meant to be an adult (and still is that way). I don't know your situation, but it may be something to consider.

shadowhunter301

Thanks guys :)
And yeah. Never ever apply to so little colleges (read what Zunawe wrote.)

And I'm debating on between Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Sciences and Administration or just going to Med School to become a doctor.

And yeah, I've been told also to dorm for the first two years. Is San Francisco worth it? I mean, I've been there once and compared to where I live, I didn't really like it. Millbrae was alright, actually.

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 02, 2016, 03:05:11 PMOlimar for speaker of the house 2028
Sig'd.

They did give New Super Mario Bros. 2 a negative review, and only gave it a 90% because it was functional. Make of that what you will.

I'm definitely trying not to take other people's opinions too seriously now, though. ONM ended in October 2014 anyway. Which means they never got to review ORAS. Or Smash U. Or Splatoon. Or talk about amiibos. Or the New 3DS. Or...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

SlowPokemon