News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 30, 2016, 06:07:49 PM(1) This is literally only the second time I had a long conversation with her,
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 30, 2016, 07:42:07 PMFind an opportunity to have a private conversation; be resolute! I know that it can be difficult to find a time or place to arrange such a meeting with anyone that you're not already close friends with, but if you're really determined, you should pursue this.
Don't push your boundaries, but practice time together is a great excuse to spend time with her. Also, see this (sleazy video thumbnails aside, there is some great science here):

And of course, see part 2 as well.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 30, 2016, 09:34:58 PMbut practice time together is a great excuse to spend time with her.
I'm inclined to think that this might not be the best idea; it might make it seem less "personal," and not really provide a good opportunity to become friendlier or express romantic feelings. Once or twice may be fine, but I personally wouldn't bank on it.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Try asking to grab a bite to eat after practice one day.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

braix

Nah just go "yo babe, let's get married" after practice
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: braixen1264 on May 01, 2016, 12:28:59 AMNah just go "yo babe, let's get married" after practice
This kills the relationship.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

My parents aren't home yet from a concert. I'm... worried.... I'm not gonna go to bed until they get home...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

cashwarrior1

I'm not going to go straight for it right now, I was planning on waiting until after the recital to do anything.

Quote from: Nebbles on May 01, 2016, 01:05:20 AMMy parents aren't home yet from a concert. I'm... worried.... I'm not gonna go to bed until they get home...
This happened to me once, well sorta, my parents went somewhere and I was home alone and they were supposed to be back at 11pm but when it was 11pm, they weren't bacl :O (This wasn't a big sorta deal.)

Altissimo

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 30, 2016, 09:52:20 PMI'm inclined to think that this might not be the best idea; it might make it seem less "personal," and not really provide a good opportunity to become friendlier or express romantic feelings. Once or twice may be fine, but I personally wouldn't bank on it.

nah bro playin piano together is the best way to awaken feelings bro trust me im a psych minor. Anything exciting/exhilarating that gets the heart going, when done in presence of someone else, is more likely to make you like that other person. Psychology.

If you really wanna go from a psych perspective here are the 5 things that lead to attraction, both friend-attraction and love-attraction
1) Physical proximity
2) That the other person likes you (so if you make it clear you're fond of her, as a friend or as a romantic interest, she's more likely to like you back)
3) Relationship rewards, e.g. is each other's presence fun? do you get a lot out of being around each other?
4) Physical attractiveness, there's no way to control this other than tidying up a bit before piano rehearsal tho
5) Similarities - friendship is more likely to bloom if you guys have similar interests and similar personality types. Make a point to find out what she likes and see how you can connect with her on that.

#psychology

cashwarrior1

Lol, to me when you said #psychology, I read it like you were relaxed saying "fresh".

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Altissimo on May 01, 2016, 05:20:47 AM1) Physical proximity
2) That the other person likes you (so if you make it clear you're fond of her, as a friend or as a romantic interest, she's more likely to like you back)
Just don't overdo it.

Quote3) Relationship rewards, e.g. is each other's presence fun? do you get a lot out of being around each other?
4) Physical attractiveness, there's no way to control this other than tidying up a bit before piano rehearsal tho
Mileage may vary.

Quote5) Similarities - friendship is more likely to bloom if you guys have similar interests and similar personality types.
Yup! Narcissism!

QuoteMake a point to find out what she likes and see how you can connect with her on that.
I've heard way too many awkward stories relating to this. I mean, I suppose it's fine to do as long as you don't overdo it and try to paint a picture of someone you're not, or express great interest in things that would otherwise would be completely unbearable for you.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Tobbeh99

So yesterday I went to Gävle (a city somewhat north of Stockholm) to play some smash melee. It was me and a friend of mine (Richard, aka Slime) from Stockholm. And we destroyed them pretty hard. Were not even on Stockholm PR (top 20) but the Gävle scene was way worse than Stockholm, so tourney was pretty free. I auto-piloted with my Falcon through the bracket pretty much, the only real threat was they're best player, Sondre, whom I lost to in winners but won over in losers, after learning more about the Icies MU and playing more aggressively and less safe/careful. After that I lost to Slime, he's a very solid player, slightly better than me, but the games was pretty close until the last game where I pretty much gave up. And after that we had a PM tourney, it was just as easy. In this tourney the matches against Sondre was even easier. My Olimar did some work against his Snake. When I faced Slime it was even more even than in Melee, but I didn't have a good answer to his lame air-camp with Ivy, and his razor-leafs so I lost. But the games were even and I almost won against him in winners finals.
So in the end the results were:

Melee:
1 Slime
2 Tobbeh99
3 Sondre

Project M
Slime
Tobbeh99
Sondre
(the same lol) 

The streamed matches:
https://www.twitch.tv/gdsmash/v/63693659
https://www.twitch.tv/gdsmash/v/63715984
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

cashwarrior1

Tobbeh99

Thanks! Was really funny just rampaging through the braket, don't really happens in Stockholm being such a stacked scene.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 01, 2016, 07:30:59 AMJust don't overdo it.
Mileage may vary.
Yup! Narcissism!
I've heard way too many awkward stories relating to this. I mean, I suppose it's fine to do as long as you don't overdo it and try to paint a picture of someone you're not, or express great interest in things that would otherwise would be completely unbearable for you.

bruh im just talkin about what i learned in psychology lol dont get much realer than that

Nitro Indigo

According to TV Tropes, the PS2 is weaker than the GameCube...? I know that it had more memory on its discs, but memory =/= power. I don't know much about console specs though, and the Wikipedia lists bore me.

Which leads me to something else I've been thinking of for a while. Enter the Dragonfly is a PS2 game which was later ported to the GameCube. About a third of the content had to be cut out of the game due to time constraints during development... is ETD so short that it takes up half of a PS2 disc?

That doesn't explain how A New Beginning is on GameCube, though, since that game is also really short because it has about five FMVs in it. Apparently, the FMV at the end of The Wind Waker took up half the disc.

Any experts here?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.