News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

That was more of an example than anything, but I meant that how can you take anything written in a textbook as "holy scripture" as it were
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Because they've usually been written by experts in the field, with credible evidence and proof that these things are true.
That said, if a textbook turns out to be wrong, I'm happy to change it if we can get the 100% unbiased truth in its place.
what is shitpost

mikey

but how do you KNOW that george washington was our first president
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 20, 2016, 07:43:50 PMsorry if it sounded like I was making fun of evolution, I wasn't.  I just learned something new about it
(It's like saying "the joke" is that you enable surge without spending mana)

EDIT: See this is how all of the blatant hate happens people always are misinterpreting everything I say and I'm getting sick of it

Or you could of just said that in the first place instead of using language that most people would consider inflammatory?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

sorry if I don't expect everyone to immediately attack what I say
have you seriously never heard anyone say "the joke here is..."?
unmotivated

FireArrow

*changes topic*
apparently the stupid thing isn't that jesus died on a fishstick it's that he died on a cross

omg don't attack me i never said anything wrong havent you ever heard of the phrase "the stupid thing" that no one should ever misinterpret

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 20, 2016, 08:42:15 PMhave you seriously never heard anyone say "the joke here is..."?
I, for one, can seriously say that I have never heard anyone say this and at this point, you might be digging your own grave even deeper.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

1) nice "topic change"
2) there's a difference between "stupid thing" and "the joke here"
3) "the joke here" is a legitimate phrase people say when describing things
4) that was actually pretty funny I'd never attack you for saying something like that
unmotivated

mikey

QuoteThe joke here is that you take their creature and put a +1/+1 counter on it, which sets up a lethal attack.
QuoteSeriously: where is the joke here?
QuoteI think the joke here is that it's a cube, and cubes are singleton.
QuoteThe joke here is that Kinbote has, paraliptically, mentioned the real name of the institute while claiming to protect it.
Quotethe joke here is that it took Twitch like six hours to cut down a single tree at one point in the game.
QuoteThe joke here is that humans and monkeys shared ancestors instead of linearly progressing.

so there, dudeman
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

MaestroUGC

Perhaps it's a form of sarcasm? In which case it really doesn't put your original comment in better context.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FireArrow

the joke is that other people may not find what I said funny and respond accordingly, especially if I intended not to use an extremely obvious hyperbole

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Dudeman on January 20, 2016, 07:05:36 PMOh no, discussions are a-ok. What's not is personal attacks. That's where the line will be drawn from now(ish) on.
slowpoke.jpg

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 20, 2016, 07:43:50 PMsorry if it sounded like I was making fun of evolution, I wasn't.  I just learned something new about it
(It's like saying "the joke" is that you enable surge without spending mana)

EDIT: See this is how all of the blatant hate happens people always are misinterpreting everything I say and I'm getting sick of it
sarcasm is commonly used without punctuation like this so you should probably start punctuating shit you really mean to say
Work on some of your internet etiquette, and you'd surely avoid flamebaiting. :]

also shoutout to FireArrow the forum god

Dudeman

So, I'm a somewhat scrawny guy. For the longest time I've been around 120 lbs. and haven't weighed myself in quite a while as that's consistently what I come up as. But for the past few months I've done little more than eat a lot of the food in my house and sit on the couch in my room and goof around on my laptop for, oh, a good 6+ hours daily. I hardly exercise or stay active beyond walking to and from classes at the community college I go to and I'm nowhere near in shape in any sense of the word.

So today, after dinner, I decide to weigh myself again and see the extent of the damage I've done to myself. Surely I've put on a few pounds. Surely I'm getting flabby after all this inactivity. I need to prepare myself for the inevitable scheduled exercise that I will put upon myself. I step on the scale, reminding myself that I may weigh a pound or two more than my average weight because I just ate.

118.8 freaking pounds.

I think I'm a mutant.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber