The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

You could always use Audacity to make the bass louder, y'know. But that feels like cheating to me.

braix

I don't think it's cheating as much as a tool
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: InsigTurtle on December 13, 2015, 01:34:52 PMYou could always use Audacity to make the bass louder, y'know. But that feels like cheating to me.

WHAT

Audacity can do that?!?!

Tell me how plz
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Sebastian

Quote from: InsigTurtle on December 13, 2015, 01:34:52 PMYou could always use Audacity to make the bass louder, y'know. But that feels like cheating to me.
Yeah, that's what Winter uses.

Waddle Bro

if using audacity then Effect -> Bass and Treble.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 13, 2015, 01:43:19 PMI don't think it's cheating as much as a tool

Y I agree. Same with slowing down songs. On the flip side, you should only use them if you need them in order to arrange. If you are skilled enough you can do fine without them, and it'll probably take less time and effort since you don't need to make all the files and stuff.

I also EQ the bass sometimes when I need to. I got a pretty good ear so I can in a lot of scenarios pick out the bass notes, but sometimes I have a tough time hearing them and I want it to be perfect so then I boost the bass to double-check.

Also in audacity I use the EQ to boost bass and treble rather than effects. But both works fine.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

Windows media player has an equalizer as well.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Waddle Bro

braix

I found AwesomeYears' avatar
Spoiler
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Bubbles

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 11, 2015, 03:44:27 PMsfk appreciation post

I searched for these old posts and now realized how fucking much i miss sfk :( seriously hands down the role model i and everyone else should look up to, the guy has great taste with practically everything(music, shows, style of life in general, actually everything), and the sense of humour that's from beyond this world. the man helped me with stuff and cared about people and i hope he's doing rly well right now wherever he is
late but I strongly agree!! Sfk is and always had been one of my absolute fav people on this site and I really hope wherever he is he's happy and loving life because he definitely deserves it

Nebbles

You know who else I miss on NSM? pumpyheart and dahans, I miss 'em both.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zunawe

Protip: Calculators make relativity and quantum mechanics finals easier.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

AwesomeYears

Yellow

your arrow creates a fire in my heart like none other
Spoiler
[close]