The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Not here.
Please take it somewhere else. NSM has had enough conflict for a couple years.

Olimar12345

Who says you get to make that decision?  They didn't fact have a rather calm conversation about it.  What needs to either change or leave is the mentality that "all of my opinions and beliefs are perfect and everyone else is wrong."  When did it become so impossible to just respect and appreciate others ways of thinking without being a prick?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

EFitTrainr

Hey now. I said I was not actually present for the situation that caused blue flower to leave us, and that I was only stating things I had heard.

And as for the daily updates, I said I didn't know what I was doing.

When it comes down to it, I don't hate any of you guys. Everyone here has the capability for both good and bad, and people do change over time. Look at some of my first posts here as opposed to what I post now. (Or rather don't. 13 year old me is a DISGRACE.)
We're all still learning, and we never really stop. What's important is to not let your own personal beliefs and opinions completely cloud your judgement from at least being respectful in discussions over controversial subjects. We're all people at the other ends of our screens, with our own lives and experiences that shape our beliefs. When you're debating something of political significance, it does wonders to not think about the other side as, well, the other side. Think about them as human s with their own goals and beliefs. Put yourself in their shoes and try to see why they're doing or saying what they are. I am in no way saying that nobody here is wrong in the event of a conflict, but arguments and conflicts are almost always escalated far beyond what they should be. We're all part of the same species, we all live on the same planet, and we are all living our lives in a way we feel is right. Just don't make it harder for those around you.
I like food.

Olimar12345

Because bandwagoning on other peoples childish bashing of Blueflower is okay.  We didn't all stop to talk shit about you once you were here.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 30, 2015, 11:45:36 AMNot here.
Please take it somwhere else. NSM has had enough conflict for a couple years.
can you not?  How is this conflict?  Like seriously I understand you're trying to make NSM a happy place but literally I saw this on my facebook and wondered what peoples' opinions on it were.  fmpov the couple was in the wrong here, unlike Kim Davis.  This has nothing to do with personal beliefs, but moreso an interpretation of freedom of religion and how far that extends.  So if you're going to try to make this work, a good way to do that is to add to the discussion without getting out of hand.  If kiddies want to throw "bigotry" and "prejudice" around, they can get banned.  For the rest of us, we can calmly discuss the implications of this court ruling as compared to earlier events regarding same sex marriage and government. Comprende?

EDIT: See NOW stuff is happening and it has nothing to do with my article.  If people wanna fight they're gonna fight.  Posting articles isn't gonna do anything to change that.
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 30, 2015, 11:50:34 AMWho says you get to make that decision? 
I don't care if they talk about it, but I don't want any flaming or this:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 30, 2015, 11:50:34 AM"all of my opinions and beliefs are perfect and everyone else is wrong."
99% of these discussions end bad.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 30, 2015, 11:50:34 AMWhen did it become so impossible to just respect and appreciate others ways of thinking without being a prick?
I totally agree.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 30, 2015, 11:54:23 AMBecause bandwagoning on other peoples childish bashing of Blueflower is okay.  We didn't all stop to talk shit about you once you were here.
Tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 30, 2015, 11:55:02 AMcan you not?  How is this conflict?  Like seriously I understand you're trying to make NSM a happy place but literally I saw this on my facebook and wondered what peoples' opinions on it were.  fmpov the couple was in the wrong here, unlike Kim Davis.  This has nothing to do with personal beliefs, but moreso an interpretation of freedom of religion and how far that extends.  So if you're going to try to make this work, a good way to do that is to add to the discussion without getting out of hand.  If kiddies want to throw "bigotry" and "prejudice" around, they can get banned.  For the rest of us, we can calmly discuss the implications of this court ruling as compared to earlier events regarding same sex marriage and government. Comprende?
As I already said, I don't care if you talk about it, but I don't want any flaming or "feeling-hurting"
According to the rules, calm debates are allowed, not flaming/trolling debates.

mikey

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 30, 2015, 11:57:06 AMAs I already said, I don't care if you talk about it, but I don't want any flaming or "feeling-hurting"
According to the rules, calm debates are allowed, not flaming/trolling debates.
this isn't even a debate.  Nobody's trying to argue a point (except for pianist, but he already retracted his stupidity, so we're good).  This should just be a friendly discussion relating to the interpretation of the constitution's first amendment
unmotivated

EFitTrainr

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 30, 2015, 11:51:44 AMHey now. I said I was not actually present for the situation that caused blue flower to leave us, and that I was only stating things I had heard.

And as for the daily updates, I said I didn't know what I was doing.

When it comes down to it, I don't hate any of you guys. Everyone here has the capability for both good and bad, and people do change over time. Look at some of my first posts here as opposed to what I post now. (Or rather don't. 13 year old me is a DISGRACE.)
We're all still learning, and we never really stop. What's important is to not let your own personal beliefs and opinions completely cloud your judgement from at least being respectful in discussions over controversial subjects. We're all people at the other ends of our screens, with our own lives and experiences that shape our beliefs. When you're debating something of political significance, it does wonders to not think about the other side as, well, the other side. Think about them as human s with their own goals and beliefs. Put yourself in their shoes and try to see why they're doing or saying what they are. I am in no way saying that nobody here is wrong in the event of a conflict, but arguments and conflicts are almost always escalated far beyond what they should be. We're all part of the same species, we all live on the same planet, and we are all living our lives in a way we feel is right. Just don't make it harder for those around you.
I like food.

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 30, 2015, 11:57:06 AMTsk tsk tsk tsk tsk.

What's the supposed to mean? I did not, nor do I remember anyone else, speak ill of shadowkirby in a public manner. I do, however, remember some of us getting rather annoyed with his spamming once he came back, but that's unrelated to this and since has calmed down.

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 30, 2015, 12:01:54 PMthis isn't even a debate.  Nobody's trying to argue a point (except for pianist, but he already retracted his stupidity, so we're good).  This should just be a friendly discussion relating to the interpretation of the constitution's first amendment
Sounds good to me. It should be discussed in the right topic, though.

EFitTrainr

I'd like to apologize for that spamming too. Sorry guys <3

And you bring up a good point regarding Blueflower. I was not here to experience it, so I am unable to have a clear understanding of events that transpired. However, I can accurately observe people who were annoyed with his behavior, therefore leading me to believe that his actions were not the best.
I like food.

Olimar12345

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 30, 2015, 12:05:33 PMAnd you bring up a good point regarding Blueflower. I was not here to experience it, so I am unable to have a clear understanding of events that transpired. However, I can accurately observe people who were annoyed with his behavior, therefore leading me to believe that his actions were not the best.

What a perspective...

mikey

the people who were mad at him would say so
the rest of us would say it was the other peoples' fault probably
Quote from: mariolegofan on November 30, 2015, 12:05:09 PMSounds good to me. It should be discussed in the right topic, though.

I think this is the right topic.  It doesn't have enough religious or political value as an article to be put in either topic.
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 30, 2015, 12:07:52 PMthe rest of us would say it was the other peoples' fault probablyI think this is the right topic.  It doesn't have enough religious or political value as an article to be put in either topic.
You could start a new topic. Just a suggestion.

EFitTrainr

I'm not saying there is no bias on my part. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'm saying that my absence for the situation makes me an unreliable source, outside of observing the fact that whatever happened regardless of who was the primary perpetrator caused a lot of conflict between us.
I like food.