The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yug_Guy

For anyone looking for something somber on 9/11:

Never forget.

Altissimo

At the risk of sounding like a complete tool, I think the entire country stopping to give remembrance on the day every year is giving the terrorists exactly what they want. A(n ex-)friend of mine suggested we erect a giant middle finger on the site, that would be the best thing

blueflower999

Um...?

I mean should we forget about the Holocaust and Joseph Stalin and Mao Ze Dong too
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Altissimo

Nah, intentional terrorism is a lil different

Pianist Da Sootopolis

All of those, along with 9/11 are intentional terrorism.
what is shitpost

blueflower999

Great tragedies of humanity should always be remembered. Not just to honor the brave but also as a reminder of what human nature is capable of.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Altissimo

I don't disagree with that I just disagree with the amount of attention

and Pianist Da Sootopolis I would say that what Hitler and Mao and Stalin did is not "terrorism" in a strict sense

blueflower999

"ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm

noun
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims."

Sounds pretty good to me
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Altissimo

SlowPokemon

Not "I guess." It's an important part of American history and we should NOT ignore it, even if that's "just what the terrorists wanted." It was devastating to our country at the time.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

SuperFireKirby

I've always wondered how long it will be before they stop reading the names of everyone who died at Ground Zero at the ceremony.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 10, 2015, 07:06:55 PMI've always wondered how long it will be before they stop reading the names of everyone who died at Ground Zero at the ceremony.

That is an interesting thought
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

I remember my chemistry teacher complaining about how the only horrible event we know about is 9/11. Remember the Oklahoma City Bombing? Probably not.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

Unless you count people shooting each other in schools and theatres, the US doesn't seem to have a ton of large scale horrible events, such as events where cities were destroyed or refugee crises. Even Europe had two world wars, several plagues, etc, etc. I guess having those events happen to you make you work hard to prevent them.

It explains why the US doesn't work hard enough to prevent a lot of things from happening >_>

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.