News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

Quote from: Ruto on August 24, 2015, 04:57:03 PMYou need a master's for doctoral studies? XD That's sort of the consolation prize here...well now that you've taken this many courses, you should tell me whether it's really hard or not. Will I have time to study and cook? Instead of heating up canned beans for dinner?

I feel so lazy now since I'm just applying to programs now...wahh. I haven't done much with this BS here, so I'm really hoping that getting a higher degree would get me a low paying job as a professor at a college. Not just adjunct because I would make more working at Starbucks.

Indeed I do. Master's degree is pretty much "the degree" over here, you don't really do anything with a Bachelor's over here. That's just an intermediate point in getting your actual Master's degree.

mayastarr041

So I study alone? Sounds great! No annoying teachers is what I need! Since I have a pen and noteb9ok, I just need books?
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

ThatGamer

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 25, 2015, 12:18:14 PMYeah, homeschooling could be very good for you! And we on NSM could help you understand stuff, too!

Yeah, homeschooling is good because you can work while playing on NSM! Multitask! You can enjoy yourself and have an education!  :)
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

mayastarr041

Quote from: Jamaha on August 25, 2015, 12:20:01 PMIndeed I do. Master's degree is pretty much "the degree" over here, you don't really do anything with a Bachelor's over here. That's just an intermediate point in getting your actual Master's degree.
Then Overlord has spoken! It's an honor to meet You sir. It's like a huge honor reading what you wrote! It's like meeting the US president and having tea together!

mayastarr041

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 25, 2015, 12:21:34 PMYeah, homeschooling is good because you can work while playing on NSM! Multitask! You can enjoy yourself and have an education!  :)
That soundsounds perfect.

Hero of Trains

You would have to follow the curriculum, and take exams at the end of the year to assess your knowledge, but yeah, basically.

Also, Jamaha is pretty cool. Probably not the President, though. But he's pretty awesome, and knows a lot.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

ThatGamer

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 25, 2015, 12:22:23 PMThat soundsounds perfect.

It is! When I started school, I was unable to understand how it worked. So they took me out and homeschooled instead! It worked, as I'm now grade 10, yet still spent countless hours on NSM!
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Dude

and yet you still lack basic social skills

ThatGamer

Quote from: Dude on August 25, 2015, 12:28:26 PMand yet you still lack basic social skills

Hey, we talked about this Dude, you know why I lack social skills... :'(

Hero of Trains

Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Hero of Trains

Dude

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 25, 2015, 12:29:01 PMHey, we talked about this Dude, you know why I lack social skills... :'(
I'm messing with you

ThatGamer

Maelstrom

Hey, I was homeschooled.
So, at least there is one good result.