The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Seeing as how it's a gas a solid Radon cookie would be most impressive. And yes, being in the same room as it would probably do some significant damage if not kill you.

Francium, on the other hand, if you could even manage to get a piece big enough to see (which no one has ever done, by the way) it would kill you immediately. Same with Astatine. Radon isn't that bad by comparison.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Hero of Trains

Yeah, one day in class my friend was wondering what would happen if they covered France in Francium. I backed away slowly.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

mayastarr041

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 24, 2015, 08:16:02 PMYeah, one day in class my friend was wondering what would happen if they covered France in Francium. I backed away slowly.
That's smart. Please don't tell your friend to do that. Will it injure us in France?
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Hero of Trains

Very, very much. It would also injure everyone else in Europe, if not the world.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

mayastarr041

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 24, 2015, 08:14:46 PMSeeing as how it's a gas a solid Radon cookie would be most impressive. And yes, being in the same room as it would probably do some significant damage if not kill you.

Francium, on the other hand, if you could even manage to get a piece big enough to see (which no one has ever done, by the way) it would kill you immediately. Same with Astatine. Radon isn't that bad by comparison.
Then what kind of cookie would be extremely lethal, but painless, when you die of course.
No reason I"m asking this:)

mayastarr041

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 24, 2015, 08:18:19 PMVery, very much. It would also injure everyone else in Europe, if not the world.
Ouchie. I don't want a boo boo.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 24, 2015, 07:51:36 PMHydrogen is only dangerous if you light a match and it goes boom. The others are only really dangerous if you breathe it instead of oxygen and kill yourself.

Helium is particularly harmful if your friend breathes it in, because their voice might make you die of laughter.

very true.

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 24, 2015, 08:01:25 PMExcept for Radon I don't think any of the Noble Gases are toxic, and that's of course for an entirely different reason. If they don't bond to anything they probably won't hurt you.

Also, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, and probably even Radon bond to things sometimes. It's just Helium and Neon that don't.

absolutely right

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 24, 2015, 08:11:02 PMI did mention it, I just didn't say it explicitly. Yes, Radon is radioactive. If you had a ton of it in one place it would probably kill you. But most people have it build up in their basement because of the decay of certain rocks in the earth, so you might even breathe it in daily on a small scale. Radon (other than 118 which you'll never see outside a nuclear reactor) is the only radioactive Noble Gas.

It's not even that bad, especially compared to the element that comes after it...

how correct of you.

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 24, 2015, 08:14:46 PMSeeing as how it's a gas a solid Radon cookie would be most impressive. And yes, being in the same room as it would probably do some significant damage if not kill you.

right again. you go glenn coco

blue is absolutely right you guys. trust me i'm a pianist. with a minor in blue's right.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 24, 2015, 08:19:55 PMtrust me i'm a pianist. with a minor in blue's right.
I'm Maestro, and I endorse this message.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

*Radioactive poisoning.

I'm a little disappointed I missed the entire chem thing here.
Oh well. Blueflower did a good job.

mayastarr041

Speaking of chemistry, I'm looking at the periodic table of elements and I'm looking at very queer elements like what the heck is Unodecium, and unooctium, and californium, einsteinum...
The confuse me very much.

blueflower999

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 24, 2015, 08:17:16 PMThat's smart. Please don't tell your friend to do that. Will it injure us in France?
Picture the Uranium bomb that blew up Hiroshima. Francium is significantly more radioactive than Uranium. Also, if it touches water, it will explode violently. Presumably. No one's ever seen a piece big enough to try it.

Does that answer your question for you?

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 24, 2015, 08:24:09 PMSpeaking of chemistry, I'm looking at the periodic table of elements and I'm looking at very queer elements like what the heck is Unodecium, and unooctium, and californium, einsteinum...
The confuse me very much.
Unodecium isn't an element. Ununoctium is element 118 and hasn't been named yet. Californium and Einsteinium are both super radioactive elements that don't occur in nature and have to be made in a laboratory.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

ThatGamer

Why didn't I get a score on my iq test?...
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

braix

You did, but your IQ is so low that you cant even figure out where it lists your score
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

Anything starting with Uno is a placeholder name until the table is updated with the official name when it is successfully created in a lab long enough to measure its properties slightly, and after the name is finalized.

All those elements with weird names are just highly radioactive elements that last for very, very short periods of time.
They are named by the people who successfully created them first, and they can name them whatever the heck they want.

edit: triple ninja'd
And Blue said it better