The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

I don't see the problem with commenting a lot. If it's not just spam, it's alright in my book
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ThatGamer

Quote from: braixen1264 on August 18, 2015, 05:37:45 PMI don't see the problem with commenting a lot. If it's not just spam, it's alright in my book

I believe a moderator (or mlf) said that once. "If it contributes to the conversation, post as much as you want."
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom

But that's just the thing.
More often than not, it adds nothing to the conversations.
Just posting "lol" or "I understand" does little to further any sort of conversation that might have taken place.

Sebastian

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 18, 2015, 05:39:25 PMI believe a moderator (or mlf) said that once. "If it contributes to the conversation, post as much as you want."
Yeah, I said that like when you first joined :P

KefkaticFanatic

You guys are fighting over dumb things that don't matter, pls don't.

If somebody is posting too much say something to them once and leave it at that.  If they keep doing it send some admin a PM.  It makes it an equal level of annoying when everybody holds multiple page conversations about why they don't like spam.

Of course, that no longer applies if everybody here wants to regularly have multiple page discussions on the merits of spam.  If so, please carry on.

me irl
[close]

ThatGamer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 18, 2015, 07:12:26 PMOf course, that no longer applies if everybody here wants to regularly have multiple page discussions on the merits of spam.  If so, please carry on.

Of course we don't! Haha

It's been quite a while since I've heard from you Kefka! What's up?
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

KefkaticFanatic

I have a life and it has been busy

I haven't played any vidjagames in over a month mostly from lack of time, but I don't really feel at all bad or sad about it given what I've spent my time doing otherwise.

It's pretty great.

me irl
[close]

ThatGamer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 18, 2015, 07:20:16 PMI have a life and it has been busy

I haven't played any vidjagames in over a month mostly from lack of time, but I don't really feel at all bad or sad about it given what I've spent my time doing otherwise.

It's pretty great.

I honestly wish I could be you...

Video games for me are like drugs. I try to quit playing and be a normal person, but it is impossible...

Kinda like this forum. Can't take my eyes off of it except for sleep...

Sebastian

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 18, 2015, 07:22:51 PMKinda like this forum. Can't take my eyes off of it except for sleep...
You have MLF syndrome :P

ThatGamer

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 18, 2015, 07:25:23 PMYou have MLF syndrome :P

At least you take breaks once in a while, lol. Going to be forced to soon as senior high starts...

Not what I actually have, Personal though.

But it could be that too... :o

Jub3r7

You should try out http://getcoldturkey.com/ or StayFocusd. Add ninsheetmusic.org to the block list.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

ThatGamer

Ah, that would be useful, but no thanks. I still want to stay, just need to work on staying less...

Jub3r7

Use stayfocusd and set a time limit for being able to access your blocked websites. Like, 30 minutes.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

ThatGamer

Quote from: Jub3r7 on August 18, 2015, 07:38:51 PMUse stayfocusd and set a time limit for being able to access your blocked websites. Like, 30 minutes.

I was actually thinking 5 hours. That works.

Yugi

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 18, 2015, 05:49:50 PMBut that's just the thing.
More often than not, it adds nothing to the conversations.
Just posting "lol" or "I understand" does little to further any sort of conversation that might have taken place.
lol