News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

That's kind of nasty. I wonder if the person in charge of it lives in the USA or Japan.

MaestroUGC

I'd imagine they'd be centered in Japan, and if that's the case then it's really bad that they didn't know about the atomic bombings. Japan reflects on that like we reflect on Pearl Harbor here in the US.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 11, 2015, 07:50:05 AMAlthough I guess a lot of the world is like that

Not by a long shot. They're just louder.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 11, 2015, 11:36:21 AMI'd imagine they'd be centered in Japan, and if that's the case then it's really bad that they didn't know about the atomic bombings. Japan reflects on that like we reflect on Pearl Harbor here in the US.

It's probably not a coincidence if it happened on all those dates, but it's not really fair to compare a nuclear bomb to Pearl Harbor.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 11, 2015, 08:10:03 AMAtheism attracts too much of a negative tone imo.  I don't care for/about any religion, I just choose to live my life and hold my ideals based on logic and reason.  There are certain people that require some baseline of religion to keep them comfortable about their existence, or have something they believe in that makes them happy, and that's fine.  It's the ones that go beyond personal spirituality and start aggressively proselytizing and enforcing that bring about problems.

Pretty much how it works in my household too. China has a ton of problems, but one of the things that I think actually works is how you can't proselytize. There are these guys in ties that hang out at the bridge market that actually chase down shoppers that leave and try to talk to them about their religion, and I've never seen them successful at starting a conversation, people just get angry and keep walking. A story goes was that once I saw these guys end their shift and walk towards a station to go home. On their way to a station, they walk right past a homeless guy asking for food without even looking at him. So how does that help anyone, you've spent the afternoon chasing down people who don't want to talk to you, and then you don't even buy the homeless guy something from a fruit stand...

Also, it means that people can't sneak through the open front door of your building (that someone didn't shut properly) and ring your bell too early on Saturday/Sunday asking you if you've heard of Jesus. That's called trespassing. How low do you have to be to walk into a building like that...

I have a relative that's a strict Buddhist, and she mediates at home, in her kitchen. It's not banned, you just can't do it outside or you can get arrested.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ZeldaFan

Quote from: Ruto on August 10, 2015, 02:03:15 PMWhat you believe in wouldn't change how the world works (as in, the laws of physics won't change because of some belief).   There's some theological aspect to God in one episode of Futurama that is quite interesting and sums up what I hear anyway. But I think the point of existing is to be at peace with yourself, if that makes sense.
Kind of late now but for reference

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Ruto on August 11, 2015, 02:07:04 PMIt's probably not a coincidence if it happened on all those dates, but it's not really fair to compare a nuclear bomb to Pearl Harbor.
I never said it was fair, but that's just how it is. Americans are self-important like that.

Ruto

Quote from: ZeldaFan on August 11, 2015, 03:07:52 PMKind of late now but for reference

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

"You were doing well until everyone died"

Better than arguing about scripture lol

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Olimar12345

Had religious significance, but I'll post it here instead cus it's my thought of the moment.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

BlackDragonSlayer

You'll never guess what we used to make burgers today.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Brawler4Ever

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Nebbles

i am once again stuck in the depths of crush hell end me help
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

You shouldn't go diving without the proper equipment. The fact that you've survived crush depth with only an oxygen tank (I'm assuming) is an impressive feat.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC