The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayastarr041

Los Angeles. Near the streets 7th and Maple which kinda borders the clean La and the dirty la
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

mayastarr041

Quote from: ZeldaFan on July 31, 2015, 04:06:47 PMYes unfortunately some men are pigs and treat women this way... Catcalling on the street, inappropriate touching... Basically it's their way of trying to exercise control over you.

I would say a lot of guys (maybe MOST guys) are not looking for a relationship, rather, just a one-night stand or small fling to get their fix. What piercing did you get? I thought it was illegal for someone under 18 to get a tattoo?
Definetly! AGREED 100%.
And I got ears and a stud on my nose.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mayastarr041 on July 31, 2015, 04:00:39 PMI was walking back home, when 2 random guys came up to me, put their arms around my shoulder and asked if I wanted something from McDonalds, which was a block away from me.
I told them no and walked away. Here is what I absolutely DESPISE. Guys treating girls as "playthings." Why the heck do guys just randomly flirt with girls when they have no aim for a relationship? Pigs are who they are and that just disgusts me. Just the thought of the moment I had as I walked back home.
In times like that I would probably punch them really hard in the face... maybe it's a good thing I don't live in places like that...!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mayastarr041

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 31, 2015, 05:25:27 PMIn times like that I would probably punch them really hard in the face... maybe it's a good thing I don't live in places like that...!
That thought occurred to me and I was tempted, but if I did, they'd probably punch back or just become violent with me, so inside I was scared.

Bubbles

Quote from: ZeldaFan on July 31, 2015, 04:06:47 PMI thought it was illegal for someone under 18 to get a tattoo?
Tattoos and piercings without parental permission. I couldn't even get my EARS pierced at the mall without a parent :/ one of my friends has a huge tattoo on his back though bc he got his mom to agree

mayastarr041

Quote from: Bubbles on July 31, 2015, 07:58:58 PMTattoos and piercings without parental permission. I couldn't even get my EARS pierced at the mall without a parent :/ one of my friends has a huge tattoo on his back though bc he got his mom to agree
Oh yeah. The rules are pretty stupid. What's the difference between a 14 and 18 year old getting piercing/tattoo? Rules..psh

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mayastarr041 on July 31, 2015, 05:44:37 PMThat thought occurred to me and I was tempted, but if I did, they'd probably punch back or just become violent with me, so inside I was scared.
On a serious note, if you hit someone hard enough in the face, they're probably going to be dazed for a few seconds, and even more so if you break their nose or if they fall to the ground. Just something everybody should know if they ever need to defend themselves.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

There was more than one person, btw bds

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 31, 2015, 08:45:09 PMThere was more than one person, btw bds
That was intended to be unrelated (hence the "on a serious note").

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 31, 2015, 11:48:16 AMYeahhhhh do not listen to the conservatives, pierce whatever you want as long as you'll take care of it! I wouldn't worry about concealing them either. Make yourself happy.
Was just expressing my opinions on it- I even said to go for it if you wanted it.
The reason I'd make any tattoos concealable is for things like job interviews and such.
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Also, you were right not to punch them, and I don't mean just for moral reasons.
If you punch with no physical provocation or anything like that (which most courts in this case would say there wasn't) you're charged with assault.
@BDS This is good advice, as is slapping the ear (stuns you for longer and gives a chance for a follow up if you want, or a chance to run)
what is shitpost

KefkaticFanatic

FYI there are many places that will straight up not even interview you if you have excessive and overt visible tattoo/piercing.  Simple fact of professional life.

me irl
[close]

mayastarr041

I know I won't be getting a job because I can't. Reasons other than being underaged.

mayastarr041

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 31, 2015, 09:21:55 PMAlso, you were right not to punch them, and I don't mean just for moral reasons.
If you punch with no physical provocation or anything like that (which most courts in this case would say there wasn't) you're charged with assault.
@BDS This is good advice, as is slapping the ear (stuns you for longer and gives a chance for a follow up if you want, or a chance to run)
And trust me, I'm very very weak for my age. I struggle to carry a gallon of milk with 2 hands. I drop them at least 3 or 4 times before I could put it in a fridge.

InsigTurtle

*quickly seaches 1 gallon in litres*
Oh. I temporarily confused barrels and gallons. That explains a lot.

Although you do have the freedom to get a tattoo anywhere you want, as others have stated before, it might limit your chances of getting employed, as others have also stated before. Even though it might not be much of a problem now, since you're not yet considering getting a job, it might be in the future, unless people's attitudes become more tolerant, or if you have a chill employer.