News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

can you play something annoying like a kazoo or a theremin?

Just changing the subject for a bit, can someone help me find the name of this piece? It's from Touhou for sure.
It goes something like this (I may have transposed it into a different key in my head)
i'm too lazy to find the png file so i'll just link to it

Ruto

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 15, 2015, 11:51:59 PMJust changing the subject for a bit, can someone help me find the name of this piece? It's from Touhou for sure.
It goes something like this (I may have transposed it into a different key in my head)

Ask Dude-sensei.

Instrument discussion:
Never ask a bunch of people what their opinion is about what's the most useful. BUT I still think you should consider how easy it is to practice it. (organ example) Also going to add that no one shares instruments you blow into, for hygienic reasons -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dude

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 15, 2015, 11:51:59 PMJust changing the subject for a bit, can someone help me find the name of this piece? It's from Touhou for sure.
um.
I'm not by a piano rn so if someone could make it into a midi I could.

Tobbeh99

I wonder, what is your main instrument??
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Jub3r7

Here is the midi file for the song that InsigTurtle posted.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

InsigTurtle

Thanks! I definitely agree that the melody is pretty fun to play. Now to find sheet music for it...
I've almost forgotten the sound of those ZUNpets :P

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dude on July 16, 2015, 02:30:16 PM
Spoiler
[close]
I love playing this on the piano lol.
Is it weird that I just listened to this entire song? All 15 minutes of it?

Dude

Of course not. That's the power of Touhou.

Nebbles

Out of curiosity, how much do violins cost? I think I'm picking that as my secondary.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Quote from: Nebbles on July 18, 2015, 06:54:21 PMOut of curiosity, how much do violins cost? I think I'm picking that as my secondary.
Do you want a functional one, or a good one?
I know violas aren't the same thing at all, but I've got a friend who just spent a few thousand (3 maybe?) on a viola. I don't hear him play that often, but the difference was immense from the one he had before. (which was probably a few hundred)
You will be able to find used violins for much cheaper, just because there are so many. But, like all musical instruments, you should be prepared to shell out a few hundred for anything better than a typical middle schooler's instrument.

edit: Just saw this:
Quote from: Dude on July 18, 2015, 06:52:13 PMOf course not. That's the power of Touhou.
It's probably the only franchise I couldn't care less about that I listen to a few songs from.

Olimar12345

As a musical instrument salesman (no joke), I've seen great used instruments sell for around $800. Like any instrument, however, you can buy one online for around $80-100, but the quality is so bad that I've seen repair technicians actually refuse to work on them. They take too much time, money, and effort to make work; it isn't worth it from my experience. However, I'm sure that you could find a better deal on a used one by buying it directly from a former student. If you can, try to meet up at a music repair shop, that way you can get a quote on repairs/maintenance costs before buy it. 
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Well, a few hundred is what I expected, but... hoo .____.;
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Quote from: Nebbles on July 18, 2015, 07:15:40 PMWell, a few hundred is what I expected, but... hoo .____.;
Btw, a decent guitar is much, much cheaper. Mostly because it doesn't need to be quite as precise.

Dude

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 18, 2015, 07:00:46 PMIt's probably the only franchise I couldn't care less about that I listen to a few songs from.
but it's so gooooooooooooooooood