News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: FireArrow on July 07, 2015, 11:30:00 PMWhy is it so terrible to discuss controversial topics? I'd rather see individual flame wars quenched than outlawing people trying to have an intellectual discussion.

Controversial? Hardly...one post got called out (for a reason). But yeah, that doesn't mean it's a flame war.

Lol Waddle. I thought the rate question was ridiculous, but then I thought, maybe the study compared full-time work with part-time work? But it's been accounted for. It seems too glaring for a researcher to miss anyway ._.

Put down the stick, I think lately you'd squashed tons of topics before they actually got rolling. As my professor said, college is meant to challenge and teach you how to think critically. Someone will get offended, but that's how it is. You don't learn if you're stuck in a bubble...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 07, 2015, 11:40:15 PMI would love to see something to the contrary, though.
That can't really happen  though, if, whenever something controversial comes up, you post this:
Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 26, 2015, 02:16:04 PM[On Christianity and how it relates to the Constitution] Anybody else who posts something on this matter in this thread or any other will have earned my ire and will likely receive a short ban.
what is shitpost

FierceDeity

This debate has already displayed clear signs of toxicity, though. I'm with maestro.

Dude

You can't debate something without getting into it. It's been proven.

I think debates are fine just as long as there's no shit-throwing at each other and I haven't seen any of that yet so...

Waddle Bro

^Actually I was a little bit offensive towards Maelstrom last night so imo it's justified to think like that.

Ruto

It was pretty tame imo ._. I think it's fine if someone learns something from it...and states facts. I still think that discussions are suppressed here since *cough* It's not so much flame wars as it is opinions. That's no fun at all.

Then again, I read "Naked Lunch" in college so my tolerance for offensive material is pretty high. DO NOT GOOGLE THAT BOOK if you're under 18. Seriously I don't need any tears.

I also read this the other day. I think everyone should read it. It really explains consent in other contexts that are completely safe for kids to read.

http://www.boredpanda.com/consent-rape-comics-alli-kerkham/

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Sebastian

Hey guys! I have a question.
You guys might of heard about Rare Replay (A collection of 30 of Rare's games on one disk).
I really want to get it but unfortunately it will only be released on Xbox one. Is there a way you can get it on your computer (I ask because Windows 10 can supposedly stream Xbox 1 games)? Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated! I already tried emulating it

Waddle Bro

Quote from: forum rules- Encouraging piracy is also forbidden.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

It's not piracy if you have a copy of the game; in fact, in most states it's perfectly legal to use an emulator if you have an original copy.
He also wasn't asking specifically about piracy, just mentioned that he already tried emulating.
what is shitpost

Sebastian

This isn't piracy.....there is an app on Windows 10 that you can buy games with legally. I think emulating is for buttholes so that's why I'm asking for a legal way to play this game :P

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 09, 2015, 05:46:40 PMIt's not piracy if you have a copy of the game; in fact, in most states it's perfectly legal to use an emulator if you have an original copy.
He also wasn't asking specifically about piracy, just mentioned that he already tried emulating.
Exactly. Thanks Sootopolis.

Maelstrom

But Ace Attorney investigations 2 and Mother 3.

There is a way to legally get it on your PC. Stream it from your Xbone to Windows 10.

Just so you know, everything after the GCN/PS2/XBOX era is just about impossible to emulate. The infrastructure is just so complex and different from PC games. (At least just not optimized properly). The only roms from that gen are Wii ones, but you need a superpowered PC to run them properly. There are definitely no emus/roms for the current gen.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 09, 2015, 05:46:40 PMIt's not piracy if you have a copy of the game; in fact, in most states it's perfectly legal to use an emulator if you have an original copy.
Actually, the backup "loophole" is just wrong. It doesn't apply to video games. You see, when you buy a game, you don't buy the rights to it. You lease the rights from the copyright holder. Since you do not own the rights, you cannot create a backup copy. It's a simple as that.
Anyway, I'd only encourage emulation to play games that did not receive an English release, like Mother 3, and FE 1-6+12.

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 09, 2015, 05:49:07 PMThere is a way to legally get it on your PC. Stream it from your Xbone to Windows 10.
Ok. That's all I wanted to know. I just thought you didn't need an Xbox One but I guess you do.

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 09, 2015, 05:49:07 PMJust so you know, everything after the GCN/PS2/XBOX era is just about impossible to emulate. The infrastructure is just so complex and different from PC games. (At least just not optimized properly). The only roms from that gen are Wii ones, but you need a superpowered PC to run them properly. There are definitely no emus/roms for the current gen.
Yeah, I know. I wasn't looking for an emulator or rom. I don't really like emulating in general.....I think it's stupid. I guess I'll just have to buy an Xbox One :P

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Thought of the moment...
That thread though, with our lovely sexist friend XD
Maybe I shouldn't be posting about it here, so if a mod wishes me to delete this, I will.
But damn. He actually wasn't that bad, too!
what is shitpost

Sebastian

Yeah.....maybe his account was hacked by King Sammer ;)

Anyway, enough "fun". We probably shouldn't talk about it.....