The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saria

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 11, 2015, 05:16:12 PM;)

thou shalt not flirt wit underage gerls! i shal punish u 4 ur sins!!

-Remy <3
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Hero of Trains

Yes, except I did it on my TI-84. I was on autopilot, so I even checked the conditions and everything.  :P
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

mikey

unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

That is indeed an Excel function

And neat, I never realized you could do that much stats on a TI-84... then again I haven't used mine since high school :B

I would recommend getting good at Excel for labs however :D

me irl
[close]

Hero of Trains

Excel is probably easier. I have to use the calculator for the AP exam though.
The 84 can actually do a ton of statistics. Z tests, confidence intervals, ANOVA, etc. it's all just hidden behind around 20 different menus. :P
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

mikey

yet the screen is still black and white and has graphics from the 80s
unmotivated

Jamaha

It's not like the fancy color graphics really improve the usability of the calculator, as evidenced by the students in my class.

Or maybe I'm just getting old. Back when I was a freshman even a TI-84 was an overkill.

mikey

Quote from: Jamaha on May 12, 2015, 12:45:10 AMIt's not like the fancy color graphics really improve the usability of the calculator, as evidenced by the students in my class.

Or maybe I'm just getting old. Back when I was a freshman even a TI-84 was an overkill.
you'd just think with all the cool stuff it can do they could afford to update the UI a tiny bit
unmotivated

Maelstrom

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

My only calculator now is a TI-36X Pro, super nice scientific model with a lot of stats, linear algebra, and other misc functions.  That and, well, Matlab.

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

braix

I changed my phone language to korean and the change is nice. Makes it seem like a different phone lol.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 12, 2015, 10:59:51 AMMy only calculator now is a TI-36X Pro, super nice scientific model with a lot of stats, linear algebra, and other misc functions.  That and, well, Matlab.
matlab is more than just a calculator.  It's a belief, a way of -how many languages can perform matrix operations anyway?
unmotivated