News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

I'm having a particularly strong feels attack right now. Like, the type that makes you reflect on your life. Or maybe that's just me. Maybe I'm too emotional. Anyhow, it's still a feels attack that hits you right in the heart.

I should really play that game again.

FireArrow

Am I the only person who doesn't like this new technology? I just really don't like it... at all. Cell phones are bad enough, we don't need this conquering everyone's lives >_>
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

oh no technology is bad

thomas edison was a witch hurrbudrurr we can't have this witchcraft ruining our lives
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on January 31, 2015, 11:38:27 PMAm I the only person who doesn't like this new technology? I just really don't like it... at all. Cell phones are bad enough, we don't need this conquering everyone's lives >_>
Quote from: Nebbles on January 31, 2015, 11:55:49 PMoh no technology is bad

thomas edison was a witch hurrbudrurr we can't have this witchcraft ruining our lives
Now that's just blowing things out of proportion.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

I'm sorry but I just don't like this whole anti-technology stuff, like I can easily connect to so many people and met all these great friends through the internet.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Quote from: InsigTurtle on January 31, 2015, 11:34:30 PMI'm having a particularly strong feels attack right now. Like, the type that makes you reflect on your life.
I should really play that game again.

Do it. Now.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

AwesomeYears

Sebastian

Quote from: Nebbles on February 01, 2015, 01:04:29 AMI'm sorry but I just don't like this whole anti-technology stuff, like I can easily connect to so many people and met all these great friends through the internet.
This is true.

FierceDeity

Idk, I think it's wise to exercise caution, at least; the more we consider the implications of what technologies we submit ourselves to, the less likely they are to diminish our awareness. It's definitely frustrating, for example, to have somebody checking their phone constantly mid-conversation, so it's not unreasonable to think that this type of behavior will magnify with more immersive technology. But yeah, to simply say that these new technologies are bad is somewhat reductive.

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 01, 2015, 08:18:54 AMIdk, I think it's wise to exercise caution, at least; the more we consider the implications of what technologies we submit ourselves to, the less likely they are to diminish our awareness. It's definitely frustrating, for example, to have somebody checking their phone constantly mid-conversation, so it's not unreasonable to think that this type of behavior will magnify with more immersive technology. But yeah, to simply say that these new technologies are bad is somewhat reductive.
I agree with you 100%. Caution in technology is very wise. There are things I would never do though. Such as putting computer chips in my arm or hand etc. like dogs. My dogs have chips in their necks. When we take them in to get shots or a checkup, the Vet always scans the chip just as easy breathing. I could see the government implementing this for humans. Anyway, yeah, being cautious with technology is a very wise thing to do. I just thought this was cool because it reminds of Holodecks  (a fictional entertainment device from Star Trek.)

MaestroUGC

FierceDiety said "reductive"! That's the word of the day!!!!!!!!!!!

You win a 30 minute trip to Mongolia.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Quote from: Nebbles on January 31, 2015, 11:55:49 PMoh no technology is bad

Wow, way to be a jerk.

FierceDeity

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 01, 2015, 08:30:13 AMFierceDiety said "reductive"! That's the word of the day!!!!!!!!!!!

You win a 30 minute trip to Mongolia.

Do I also win a trip back, or is 30 minutes just my life expectancy while there?

MaestroUGC

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 01, 2015, 09:24:04 AMDo I also win a trip back, or is 30 minutes just my life expectancy while there?
That's the fun part!
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Dude on February 01, 2015, 09:09:35 AMWow, way to be a jerk.
what's your problem with her? The only interactions I've seen you have with her the past several days are negative. What did she do to you?

Or are you still salty about the Smash tournament?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*