The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

DrP

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 25, 2015, 03:03:43 AMNeat, and thanks!

But who else left? And what did you guys do to the site that I loathed and loved?!?
Quite a few.

Bespinben left and recently returned. ZeldaFan also has recently returned. Shadoninja occasionally pops in, same with Concerto. I'm obviously missing a few others.

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 25, 2015, 03:13:40 AMIndulge my curiosity.
You REALLY don't want to know. You can find locked threads if you look.

AwesomeYears

Well, ThatGamer was a young user like me that joined in late December. But instead of respecting the boards with nice content, he spammed the boards with stupid topics and useless replies, even making a few Nebbles jokes in which she didn't like. He got in trouble loads of times with the other experienced users and in a couple of weeks, he left and got banned...

The end... (I should be in the Story-telling board!)

Brassman388

Haha. Sounds like a standard forum member!

I'm only kidding. Don't kill me.

McDucky

FierceDeity

Oh hey, I'm finally living in the same time zone as our forum! Neat.

Which makes me realize, wait why isn't forum time UTC

DrP

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 25, 2015, 04:49:22 AMOh hey, I'm finally living in the same time zone as our forum! Neat.

Which makes me realize, wait why isn't forum time UTC
You can change the forum time to your local time zone

Yugi

Quote from: AwesomeYears on January 25, 2015, 03:17:41 AMWell, ThatGamer was a young user like me that joined in late December. But instead of respecting the boards with nice content, he spammed the boards with stupid topics and useless replies, even making a few Nebbles jokes in which she didn't like. He got in trouble loads of times with the other experienced users and in a couple of weeks, he left and got banned...

The end... (I should be in the Story-telling board!)
In addition, he threatened the forum and said that he was going to kill himself because of our behaviour, and then came back the next day and pretended that never happened.

Brassman388

Man, that sounds annoying. Well, I guess good thing he's gone.

braix

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 25, 2015, 12:50:01 PMMan, that sounds annoying. Well, I guess good thing he's gone.

He was really annoying. He made a new topic to apologize for making useless topics.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Brassman388

FierceDeity

Ok no.
Thatgamer was really annoying, yes.
And his topic spamming was frivolous af.
And it's a good thing for the community that he's gone.

But first of all, creating new topics was far from the worst thing he did; really, who does it harm? Like yeah, I suppose you'll have to spend another 5 seconds (probably not even that) looking through topics with their last posts being before it, I guess? Oh noooo, how inconvenient! It's annoying, yes, but his lack of consideration for other forum users was the real problem.

Second, his apology wasn't just about the new topic spam, so it hardly qualifies as hypocrisy.

Third, of all the things one can make a topic about, why complain about an apology? The dude's a troubled kid. I'm still pretty sure it was sincere, and he's just horrible at self control/awareness.

Quote from: Yugi on January 25, 2015, 12:45:59 PMIn addition, he threatened the forum and said that he was going to kill himself because of our behaviour, and then came back the next day and pretended that never happened.

Noooope. Nope nope nope nope nope. First, he never said it was because of our behavior. Maybe it was just to make us feel bad. Or maybe, just maybe, he was being sincere, and the reason you project that onto him is a combination of skepticism and preexisting disposition against him. Truth is, we can't really know whether he was being honest. But I'm pretty goddamn confident he wasn't here with the sole purpose of antagonizing the forums. Why? Because he fucking left. There was no reversal of his farewell, no additional response, nothing.

Yeah, guys. He was a nuisance, and we're probably better off. But our pathetic response to him almost makes me think we deserved him.

Xaoz

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 25, 2015, 02:11:05 PMBut our pathetic response to him almost makes me think we deserved him.

I thought your punishment for that was getting me.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Brassman388

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 25, 2015, 02:11:05 PMYeah, guys. He was a nuisance, and we're probably better off. But our pathetic response to him almost makes me think we deserved him.

Now, I have no predisposition against the kid, hell, I don't even know who or what he was for that matter. But, that statement aloone seems a bit too extreme. If anyone who can turn on a computer and type words or even comprehend what and when they're doing it, they have to have some level of self control, no? All I'm saying is yes, perhaps the kid didn't deserve it and maybe you should have investigated a bit more. But at the same time, his pre-existing problems aren't ours and if his ways of conveying that were through spamming and suicide threats, then he went about it all wrong when trying to find solace.

And by attempting to guilt those who found him fundamentally annoying isn't helping. It's going to make the situation worse, unfortunately.

AwesomeYears

I thought I remember him saying he has something like Aspergers or Down Syndrome...