The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Slow has showered me with compliments and called me an awful person in the same week before. So I dunno

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

He's had nothing but nice things to say about me so maybe the rest of you are just doo-doo heads.

Food for thought.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

braix

Oh wait a moment
Spoiler
IF AWESOME YEARS' PROFILE INFO IS CORRECT...HE JUST REPLACED ME AS THE YOUNGEST MEMBER ON NSM
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AwesomeYears

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 13, 2015, 07:56:39 PMOh wait a moment
Spoiler
IF AWESOME YEARS' PROFILE INFO IS CORRECT...HE JUST REPLACED ME AS THE YOUNGEST MEMBER ON NSM
[close]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 13, 2015, 05:53:34 PMLooking at older posts...
Does slow just have a problem with me or is he really that snappy to everyone

I feel like slow wouldn't mind me saying he's improved significantly since he first joined (or at least since I first joined)

SlowPokemon

Actually it's more like I was awesome at first, then got suckish, and now I'm in an okay place again.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

Quote"Understand that what it's really about is we want to build this suite of IP that we can add to a list of, 'Let's build some new things, let's build some recent sequels, and let's do some crazy stuff like dig back into our portfolio of IP and build some games that people love,'" he explained.

This irritates me a bit

Like, they're admitting that they're just sitting on IP doing nothing with it, and, oh, maybe if we're feeling CRAZY someday we'll actually get around to reviving that beloved franchise. Fuck "the right time", it's been 7 goddamn years since the last Banjo Kazooie game, and 12 since the last one that really had anything to do with the original games. When the only games they've made in those 7 years appear to be Kinect Sports bullshit and Killer Instinct, it's really hard to justify "Oh the old IP is great and all but there are more important things for us to be working on at the moment. We'll get to them later."

KefkaticFanatic

Note this is MS exec talking about old franchises, not somebody from Rare.  Essentially nobody remains at Rare that worked on those old games.  This isn't necessarily bad, as they could still do something great with new talent. (I am frequently of the opinion that Nintendo's adherence to legacy concepts holds them back)

He speaks towards the entirety of their games holdings, so whatever other studios might be doing sequels to Halo or whatever other IP they license out recently, plus referencing the fact that Rare has been working on *something* for the past while.  It would be great if they had come out with something else, but I suspect that Rare was either not in any position to make such games, or just had too many failed pitches on the inside.

And not that I want to defend anything they've ever done with Kinect, but they were trying *really hard* to get people (and devs apparently with the whole Kinect-exclusive processing power locked away bit that has been news recently) to like Kinect so I understand why they would have wanted their own poster-boy studio that just did Kinect games.

me irl
[close]

MaestroUGC

You know, they bought Rare all those years ago knowing the team (at the time) was made of some of the best in the industry with the developer being a hit-producing machine, yet they never really did much with them or gave them any room to grow, resulting in the Rare we have today.

Either way, Rare is not what it once was, hasn't been for quite a few years now. Microsoft says they'll dust off some of their IPs in the future, but odds are good it won't have the same magic they had the first time around.

So as much as I would love a new Banjo or Conker, I'm not going to celebrate an announcement of a new game until I see who's working on it and a functional demo.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Fairy and Dark types are dumb and probably shouldn't have been made.
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2015, 09:37:33 AMFairy and Dark types are dumb and probably shouldn't have been made.
this is why people think you're a hardcore genwunner
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

Both of them seriously could easily have been filled by normal/psychic/ghost typings
We might as well add rock to the list because rock and ground are the same things
I'm honestly not even sure why dark is a type.  Fairy almost makes sense because they needed something competitively viable.  (And we've already established 3rd gen is my favorite so I can't be genwunner.)
Besides, steel was a great decision to throw in the game.
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Dark was needed to balance out Psychic types, which were pretty broken in gen 1 iirc.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

I didn't know gen 1 had a meta  ::)
how come psychic isn't super effective against psychic like the cards
unmotivated