News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

From what my parents have made me/let me have, I'm more of a fan of sweeter drinks, especially anything with Kahlua. Which I really liked. I can't really tend to stand anything very bitter, either...

I've always wanted to try mead.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DrP

Quote from: Nebbles on January 07, 2015, 11:33:06 PMFrom what my parents have made me/let me have, I'm more of a fan of sweeter drinks, especially anything with Kahlua. Which I really liked. I can't really tend to stand anything very bitter, either...

I've always wanted to try mead.
Get that Cosmo or Appletini or Lemon Drop (or all 3) on your 21st birthday!

And Mead is delicious. I got these special clay mead mugs when I was in Estonia. THey are super cool!!

Nebbles

I might get a Cosmo! Who knows what my first drink will be?

Aren't Appletinis more sour, though?

DrP

Quote from: Nebbles on January 07, 2015, 11:42:38 PMI might get a Cosmo! Who knows what my first drink will be?

Aren't Appletinis more sour, though?
Nope they're still sweet.

And on your 21st, the tradition is to go bar hopping (usually with a big sign on your neck saying "I'm 21!"). You'll get a free "house drink". The ones for ladies are much better. The ones for guys usually end up having Tabasco sauce in them or raw eggs.

Nebbles

Mmm I dunno if I'll go bar hopping, but there is a neat place nearby called Barcade that I plan to go to with my sister! And friends in the future, of course, because nothing sounds more fun than a night of drinking and old school gaming with friends.

10 days until my 21st, though. Man I feel old.

KefkaticFanatic

Lemon Drops are so good yasss

And I've just been told stories of people goings to some of the more lively bars and announcing they are 21, getting their free drink, and then getting everybody in the bar to buy them a shot, with things going quickly downhill from there ;D

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

Oh dear. I'm certain I won't do that. I'd actually like to get home safe on my birthday, thank you.

KefkaticFanatic

Oh and drp, I'm talking about using some of the bottled lemon juice like RealLemon and whatever.  Obviously not as good since from concentrate, but eh.  At this point I'm not sure if I want to drop the $25 on the citrus squeezer lol

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: Nebbles on January 07, 2015, 11:48:29 PM10 days until my 21st, though. Man I feel old.
Ooh! That's coming up soon!

Just be sure to count what you're consuming, because it can creep up on you really, really fast (and if you don't know your limit, it might be good to take it slow).

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 07, 2015, 11:51:51 PMLemon Drops are so good yasss

And I've just been told stories of people goings to some of the more lively bars and announcing they are 21, getting their free drink, and then getting everybody in the bar to buy them a shot, with things going quickly downhill from there ;D
That didn't happen for me. The downtown area in the town where I went to school has around 20 different bars. I only went to 10. Some had normal drinks, others had lots of shots and others had the super funky stuff.

Next time I'm up in Seattle, we're going to some hipster bar and ordering the specialty drink menu!

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 07, 2015, 11:55:59 PMOh and drp, I'm talking about using some of the bottled lemon juice like RealLemon and whatever.  Obviously not as good since from concentrate, but eh.  At this point I'm not sure if I want to drop the $25 on the citrus squeezer lol
You really don't need a citrus squeezer. A fork does the job quite well... and lemons are cheap enough (Well, down here they are).

Nebbles

I'll be careful, don't worry. I probably won't go past getting slightly buzzed/tipsy anyway.

DrP

A good rule of thumb is 2 drinks per hour. Mine is about 5, but I am a heavyweight. I usually try not to get up to that point because when I go out, I usually spend the time having awesome conversations!

Nebbles

Of course! I'm also rather tiny, so I don't think I could handle too much drinks anyway. I need to pick an amazing restaurant though, because nothing complements good drinks like a good meal.

DrP

Quote from: Nebbles on January 08, 2015, 12:09:33 AMOf course! I'm also rather tiny, so I don't think I could handle too much drinks anyway. I need to pick an amazing restaurant though, because nothing complements good drinks like a good meal.
Absolutely!!

You'll also come soon to realize the pains that the drinks can equal or exceed the cost of the food. You've been warned!

Nebbles

I shall heed that warning greatly. But still, my 21st! I'm really excited.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Nebbles on January 07, 2015, 10:36:10 PMGosh, I can't wait to turn 21. I'm excited to order my first drink.

For a second I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic, because this sounds like something I say to family members/professors who clearly know I already drink haha
"I can't wait to try alcohol in Prague, I hope it's fun"

Not to say anything for or against drinking before it's legal, I just actually wasn't sure at first :P

Quote from: DrP on January 07, 2015, 10:48:51 PMAnd then once you figure out what you like, you definitely stick to it (My alcohol of choice is gin and this honey liqueur that my family makes every year... Everything else is kind of meh, I'm not a huge whiskey family fan. And I had some bad experiences with vodka and tequila).

Bad experiences with tequila seem to be pretty common, haha. I haven't personally had any problems, but I've been with people who have (who knew such small girls could throw up so much, jesus christ)

I really need to try some more of these things, though. My friends at school tend to get the same stuff most of the time, so I've only really tried your standard hard alcohols (vodka, gin, rum, tequila), wines so generic I can't even remember the names, and shitty beer (also scotch but that was with my dad and it was more just he got it as a gift and we both tried it and hated it). I feel like it's probably a bad thing that my favorite drink is fireball with apple juice/cider. Usually when I'm out I'm so focused on not getting carded (really more worried than I should be; even with my baby face, it hasn't happened once) that I just order whatever I'm most familiar with, so I haven't branched out too much. That should probably change in Prague, though.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 07, 2015, 11:51:51 PMLemon Drops are so good yasss

Quote from: Nebbles on January 07, 2015, 11:52:50 PMOh dear. I'm certain I won't do that. I'd actually like to get home safe on my birthday, thank you.

CMON NEBBLES, DON'T BE SO LAME
YOU'RE NOT 21 UNTIL YOU GET ALCOHOL POISONING

Honestly I'd probably just say yes to the free alcohol and stop where I know my limit is, but you may not know yours yet haha. Ninja'd by DrP in the rule of thumb. Also, drink water. Lots of water. Significantly lowers your chances of feeling bad at all the next day.