News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 13, 2014, 01:08:57 PMPerhaps....but NASA is too lazy to send any more astronauts to space. We should be to Mars right now....but Obama is to busy golfing.
NASA literally shouldn't exist anymore.  (And by literally I don't actually mean literally).  We already know enough about space as it is, maybe we should check and see what lies at the bottom of the sea
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 13, 2014, 04:52:57 PMNASA literally shouldn't exist anymore.  (And by literally I don't actually mean literally).  We already know enough about space as it is, maybe we should check and see what lies at the bottom of the sea
But that's too easy.  :P In other news, Europe landed the first probe on a comet a few days ago.

mikey

Oh yeah... I finally put a 3DS on layaway
time will tell if it was worth it or not
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 13, 2014, 04:52:57 PMNASA literally shouldn't exist anymore.  (And by literally I don't actually mean literally).  We already know enough about space as it is, maybe we should check and see what lies at the bottom of the sea

I agree somewhat with this statement. There is actually a lot we still don't know or completely understand about space or astrophysics yet, stuff that's still only conjecture; but technology at this present time prevents us from getting closer looks at some phenomena that elude our current understanding of the universe. NASA was useful for exploring and understanding our immediate cosmic backyard, but until some serious advancements in transportation come along, the most we can do in space is experimentation. Plus there's the potentiality of meeting other lifeforms on some of those floating rocks, and that's neat.

I promise as President to invest more money into Space Defense. We must be ready for the dreaded time when Space Hitler returns to enact his vengeance on the world.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Ruto

WTF.

Also the golf joke isn't funny.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Clanker37

Quote from: MaestroUGC on November 13, 2014, 06:21:13 PMI agree somewhat with this statement. There is actually a lot we still don't know or completely understand about space or astrophysics yet, stuff that's still only conjecture; but technology at this present time prevents us from getting closer looks at some phenomena that elude our current understanding of the universe. NASA was useful for exploring and understanding our immediate cosmic backyard, but until some serious advancements in transportation come along, the most we can do in space is experimentation. Plus there's the potentiality of meeting other lifeforms on some of those floating rocks, and that's neat.
Perhaps if they were funded more, we'd have some better transportation already.

SuperFireKirby

I think NASA works well as a scientific institution, but it just needs to cut out the space exploration until, as others have said, the technology is available that allows for cheaper, faster, less wasteful means of space travel, which NASA very well could engineer and test.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Sebastian

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 13, 2014, 07:04:04 PMHaha....yeah but it's true

No. I hear the same "joke" told by unsavory characters in real life. Budget cuts are a bigger culprit than a President who isn't a scientist. (Guess who the budget cuts were supported by)

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 13, 2014, 06:44:20 PMI think NASA works well as a scientific institution, but it just needs to cut out the space exploration until, as others have said, the technology is available that allows for cheaper, faster, less wasteful means of space travel, which NASA very well could engineer and test.

We still haven't really found those yet xD It would be nice if things could be tested cheaply though.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 13, 2014, 07:04:04 PMHaha....yeah but it's true

Lmfaooo

Guys side with maestro or mlf now

I suggest we hold speeches
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Obama did pretty much say that being a stay at home mom was bad
not judging him at all by this but yeah
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

I suggest we put all the money into cold fusion.

This is clearly to only way we can solve our impending energy crisis.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 13, 2014, 08:12:36 PMObama did pretty much say that being a stay at home mom was bad
not judging him at all by this but yeah

do u think that stay at home moms are always good tho
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on November 13, 2014, 08:13:11 PMI suggest we put all the money into cold fusion.

This is clearly to only way we can solve our impending energy crisis.
Cold fusion? Bah; I think we should put the money into cold cuts! That way, we can be happy on Earth, eating sandwiches!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber