News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Idk what version you're working with, but in 2011 full, backspace only removes measure contents, not the measures themselves.

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

The backspace key has always deleted the actual measures as long as you highlight the measure in every staff. Like if you have a piano solo, you would need to highlight the RH staff and the LH staff and then hit backspace to delete the measure. You can use the shift key to highlight a large amount of measures at the same time.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

Well, considering I literally just did it before even typing that response to make sure I wasn't just remembering incorrectly, and it only removed the measure contents, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree, unless you use Mac and it's different than on Windows for some reason.

SlowPokemon

I swear to god I just opened finale in windows and it still works for me I don't know what's going on

SlowPokemon

I just realized I've been doing ctrl-x not backspace

Still a keyboard shortcut though

braix

Wait how do you confuse Ctrl+X and Backspace
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Ctrl+x is cut, so you're not really deleting anything. d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 10, 2014, 03:21:10 PMI just realized I've been doing ctrl-x not backspace

Still a keyboard shortcut though

Oh yeah, ctrl-x works too, I just tend to avoid it because I'll often have something on the clipboard that I'm meaning to paste later (i.e. if I decide something works better for later in the form, but I'm not sure where yet).

MaestroUGC

In cases like that I'll just paste it further along in a blank part of the score for safe keeping, while saving often, naturally.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

That, too. It kinda varies based on how short-term I think my indecision is going to be.

FierceDeity

Unrelated double post, but the title text of the last xkcd comic got me interested in the difference between QWERTY and dvorak, and while I still don't really have an opinion on which is superior (from the information I've seen, apparent advantages of either could likely be explained by variables external to their actual setup), a lot of discussions I saw tended to distinguish between "touch-typing" and "hunt-and-peck" typing for either. And I'm really curious now; is "hunt-and-peck" (i.e. needing to frequently look down at/search for the keys while typing) actually common for people who've been typing somewhat regularly for several years? Like, sure, I'll look down occasionally for the more obscure character that I haven't used in months (so basically just ^ and &), but I haven't actually needed anything more than the marks on the F and J keys as a point of reference for quite some time now. (Though now that I'm actually thinking about it, I notice that I do instinctively check from time to time, albeit without interrupting my rhythm)

Zunawe

Simply hunting and pecking is much less common than I think it used to be. I do, however, know multiple people with their own style of typing similar to it. One friend in particular only uses the first three fingers on each hand for characters, his thumb for spaces, and his pinkies for shift/ctrl. He types at a slightly above average speed.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

I type really fast but I don't really follow a system. Just the result of several years typing.