News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

It's a button mash game, but the animations are nice and there's some level of satisfaction to watching Midna run around smacking bokoblins with her magic hair-fist thing.  If it really does have the variety it appears to have with the characters and unlockables, I would definitely see it as worth a sale/discount price for something to loaf around with on a weekend or when you don't feel like playing anything too engaging :D

me irl
[close]

Roz~

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 09, 2014, 01:57:47 PMRuto and I went to Nintendo World again today and they have a demo of Hyrule Warriors now o;

It's pretty fun (only playable characters are Link, Zelda and Midna for some reason), but it really is just mindless button mashing.  I dont know if I would normally pay full price, but they have a limited edition exclusive to the Nintendo World store with the fancy scarf Link wears....

But it's $80 :|  If the rest of the game is like what I played, I would say its about a $30-40 game, something you would normally pick up on sale or in a bargain bin maybe.  It's fun but just not something that would keep you engaged for a long time like a story driven Zelda or more complex action game...

My opinions of course :>

I'm still gonna get the game, just because I need something to play that isn't too demending when I'm tired :D
Also this is BS, you could preorder these Limited Edition bundles online in Japan and Europe, and now I have to drive 8-10 hours to get to NYC to maybe be able to get a bundle as it is first come first serve? What the actual fuck Nintendo. They have a huge fanbase in NA, and they would make more money if we could preorder the bundle @ Gamestop/EB Games/any other goddamn store. Now resellers will get bundles and sell them for twice the price online. Doesn't help that the scarf is already seeling for $70-80 on Ebay already.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Waddle Bro

I wear a lot of scarves and I consider the Link scarf is bad quality to me

Roz~

Yeah, I wouldn't pay an extra ~$40 for that scarf, unless I can sell it for profit. It's just I know a lot of people who would've spent the extra money on the bundle, so it seems like Nintendo is missing out on the extra money. Maybe they're iffy because afaik the Dinasty Warriors series never did too well in America, but a lot of Zelda fans are excited for the game.

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 09, 2014, 02:07:14 PMWow that game looked relatively awful but if you say it's worth $40 maybe I'll actually get it eventually,,,,,

It's a lot more impressive than the photo shows, actually. Animations were pretty smooth and the colors were bright, etc. It was a lot better than SCV 5 which came with a nice case and artbook, which I got for the same price >_>

Quote from: Roz~ on September 10, 2014, 08:37:51 AMI'm still gonna get the game, just because I need something to play that isn't too demending when I'm tired :D
Also this is BS, you could preorder these Limited Edition bundles online in Japan and Europe, and now I have to drive 8-10 hours to get to NYC to maybe be able to get a bundle as it is first come first serve? What the actual fuck Nintendo. They have a huge fanbase in NA, and they would make more money if we could preorder the bundle @ Gamestop/EB Games/any other goddamn store. Now resellers will get bundles and sell them for twice the price online. Doesn't help that the scarf is already seeling for $70-80 on Ebay already.

I wonder if there's a limit on how many copies you can buy? If I manage to get more than one, I can buy one for you and ship it, if you cover the cost of the shipping too xD It shouldn't be that much, but I would buy insurance for something like that!

Edit: Wait, there's only the game, scarf and nice box? For $80? ._. now I'm reconsidering xD It needs at least an art book!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

This week's sale has Link Between Worlds for $30, which appears to be the cheapest it's been since launch (at least on Amazon)

Thus, I finally buy it :D

It also has Fire Emblem Awakening, but looking at Amazon price history shows that its dropped that low every so often, so I'm not so quick to jump on that.

me irl
[close]

Waddle Bro

I also highly recommend picking up Kid Icarus: Uprising, and the Oracle games! Kid Icarus is by far one of the most beautiful and best games there is for the 3DS.

Also calling the XY sales with random Art Academy discount for next week!

Roz~

Quote from: Ruto on September 10, 2014, 09:04:17 PMIt's a lot more impressive than the photo shows, actually. Animations were pretty smooth and the colors were bright, etc. It was a lot better than SCV 5 which came with a nice case and artbook, which I got for the same price >_>

I wonder if there's a limit on how many copies you can buy? If I manage to get more than one, I can buy one for you and ship it, if you cover the cost of the shipping too xD It shouldn't be that much, but I would buy insurance for something like that!

Edit: Wait, there's only the game, scarf and nice box? For $80? ._. now I'm reconsidering xD It needs at least an art book!

Yeah you only get the scarf, which makes the bundle pretty expensive =/
The game is $64.99 here, so if the bundle is $79.99 in the us I guess you pay... $20 more for the scarf?
Which is not too bad when you think about it...
Welllll if you can get more than one copy and you can get me one I could repay you via Paypal I guess
And then sell the scarf for monies on Ebay :D

Waddle Bro

the treehouse stream hosts are the shit ._.

MaestroUGC

I should be Nintendo's host for every public announcement/internet thing they do.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

Ruto

Quote from: Roz~ on September 11, 2014, 11:33:30 AMYeah you only get the scarf, which makes the bundle pretty expensive =/
The game is $64.99 here, so if the bundle is $79.99 in the us I guess you pay... $20 more for the scarf?
Which is not too bad when you think about it...
Welllll if you can get more than one copy and you can get me one I could repay you via Paypal I guess
And then sell the scarf for monies on Ebay :D

I got a fancy cashmere scarf for that price once xD but if people are willing to pay that kind of price for it on ebay, that would practically pay for the game :P Although I don't think I can part with something like that myself. It seems that Zelda stuff (other than shirts and hats) are really high in demand so I don't see why Nintendo doesn't take advantage of it. I'd like it if they sold official Link hats and stuff!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Maelstrom

I took my first calc test today. It was easy, but only for me. It feels so weird when you've finished the test and double checked all your answers, and you have 1/3 of the time left. And then you hand it in and see many of the other students are staring at blank pages. And you know some of them have lost most of their sleep because they were studying for the test, and you are confident in a 100% despite not studying or doing any of the homework. And more than half of the class took Calculus in high school, while you haven't even finished high school. It just seems so wrong.....

K-NiGhT

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 16, 2014, 10:30:47 AMI took my first calc test today. It was easy, but only for me. It feels so weird when you've finished the test and double checked all your answers, and you have 1/3 of the time left. And then you hand it in and see many of the other students are staring at blank pages. And you know some of them have lost most of their sleep because they were studying for the test, and you are confident in a 100% despite not studying or doing any of the homework. And more than half of the class took Calculus in high school, while you haven't even finished high school. It just seems so wrong.....
*retweeted by HumbleBrag*
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*