The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: Mashi on March 14, 2014, 05:40:40 PMRuto and I had all the hard questions. :(

But we at least hit Einstein's face with pie!!!

Yeah XD Nothing like looking like the weakest thrower but actually making a decent shot! :D

Quote from: Dude on March 16, 2014, 04:35:51 PMMaybe i should change it to something better...

I think it's fine!!!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Yugi

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/24964786/hcso

QuotePolice tell FOX 26 reporter John Donnelly that the father was notified that there was someone in his daughter's bedroom by one of his other children.

The father then went into the girl's bedroom and discovered the 17 year old male in bed with his 16 year old daughter. The daughter denied knowing who the boy was.

A confrontation between the father and boy started. The boy apparently wasn't listening to the father's commands and reached for something. It ended with 17 year old being shot and killed at the scene.

The 16 year old girl later admitted to investigators that she did know the boy and had let him into the home.

The father's was taken by ambulance from the home for treatment of an unrelated medical situation.

So far no arrests have been made.

I'm not sure who is to blame here, as everybody did something stupid. The Father for shooting the guy, the Girl for saying she didn't know who the guy was, and the guy for making the sleeping arrangements in her house in the first place.

Ruto

Eh, I didn't think that would be posted here since it was pretty senseless. But blaming people doesn't really help ._.

The version of the story I heard was that the guy was hiding under the bed, the father saw his feet and got a gun. Then confrontation (which you described), and then the kid dropped his hands for a second, and the dad fired the gun.

Teenagers have always done pretty stupid things, like sneak out/go to parties/etc but in this case it was really the overreaction of the parent. I don't see why any shots should have been fired. Kind of like that same story where someone's father fired into a car full of teenagers for egging his car, or the one that accidentally shot his daughter when she was sneaking back into her house at dawn, after attending a party. Too obsessed with the idea of stopping the bad guys with a gun, I guess. 'Murica.

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Hahaha! I suppose the worst that could happen out here is a father attempting to drown someone in Vegemite or something like that. :P

INTRUDER ALERT! RELEASE THE KANGAROOS!
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Ruto

Quote from: fingerz on March 19, 2014, 06:00:31 PMHahaha! I suppose the worst that could happen out here is a father attempting to drown someone in Vegemite or something like that. :P

INTRUDER ALERT! RELEASE THE KANGAROOS!

I have to taste Vegemite and see how it compares to the Nutella and cookie butter I've been using. Wikipedia says it's made from old yeast xD

KefkaticFanatic

Heh, reminds me of my eccentric astronomy professor encouraging us to go to grad school so we can, like him, get paid to go loaf around in Australia and watch some kangaroos wander around by the telescope

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

I still don't understand why people would want to be in a country that actively tries to kill you.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Yugi

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on March 19, 2014, 11:47:59 PMI still don't understand why people would want to be in a country that actively tries to kill you.
Because if you live near the coastline, the country won't try to kill you.

KefkaticFanatic

good god why the hell does your signature source material exist yugi

me irl
[close]

Yugi

Clanker37

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on March 19, 2014, 11:47:59 PMI still don't understand why people would want to be in a country that actively tries to kill you.
I use the rule that if it moves, it's going to kill you.

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 19, 2014, 11:24:25 PMHeh, reminds me of my eccentric astronomy professor encouraging us to go to grad school so we can, like him, get paid to go loaf around in Australia and watch some kangaroos wander around by the telescope

That sounds fun...but maybe bears would be better. Or pandas.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 20, 2014, 12:04:33 AMgood god why the hell does your signature source material exist yugi
yeah srsly wtf even is that
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*