News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Well I'm the coolest person to ever grace this forum, so yes.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 27, 2014, 10:07:36 AMDid we though?
Ya.

Hugo, kotor, and some other people I can't think of right now!

KefkaticFanatic

click page 1 for nostalgia blast

there were certainly a lot of amusing characters back in the day

me irl
[close]

Dude

I miss the sexy times I had with Hugo in IRC the most though. :<

Ruto

I'm annoyed at all the memes in facebook these days xD 30% of my posts are made by one person and they're mostly memes. I know everyone wants to be famous, but sheeeesh.

It's the same thing with kids. People don't understand it's better to raise fewer children and make sure they have better lives than having a lot and have them all end up useless to society.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SuperFireKirby

But I need lots of children to plow the fields and tend to the livestock!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 27, 2014, 07:22:32 PMBut I need lots of children to plow the fields and tend to the livestock!

Heyyy you'd have to feed each of them until they're at least five, so they don't get injured by falling machinery or bitten by horses and then be useless for a number of years afterwards. And that's just me being cruel. If you want to be nice, you'd feed them until they were 12 before putting them to work :P

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Ruto on January 27, 2014, 07:20:20 PMIt's the same thing with kids. People don't understand it's better to raise fewer children and make sure they have better lives than having a lot and have them all end up useless to society.
Having more kids ≠ Raising kids worse

Some people are good multitaskers... granted, that doesn't mean they should necessarily try to have as many children as possible. :P Some people do want (and can handle) more kids, others only want a few (and others want none at all)- either way, it doesn't mean that they should be forced to only have a certain number of children (especially the way China does it).

There are a number of factors I could get into that influence how well a person raises their child/children, including how good of a parent they are, but that would just degrade my statements into rambling on for the sake of rambling on.

Plus, SFK brings up a good point...
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 27, 2014, 07:22:32 PMBut I need lots of children to plow the fields and tend to the livestock!
:K

Quote from: Ruto on January 27, 2014, 07:47:31 PMHeyyy you'd have to feed each of them until they're at least five, so they don't get injured by falling machinery or bitten by horses and then be useless for a number of years afterwards. And that's just me being cruel. If you want to be nice, you'd feed them until they were 12 before putting them to work :P
On a more serious note, I shudder to think of the ages of children working during the early years of the Industrial Revolution. *shudder*
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Ruto

I just think there's a limit on how many kids parents could raise without constantly hiring babysitters or older siblings.

China is starting to ease that bit, but people are definitely allowed to have more than one kid there. If you live in the city, you'd just be fined. It's not like they'd take away the kid and kill them. It's not the Stone Age!

SuperFireKirby

Currently attempting to write a movie script because I want to make a movie. Anyone want to loan me $1,500 so I can by a half-decent camera rig? I promise I'll pay you back when I win an Oscar.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FierceDeity

I think it's more just that people who have shitloads of children tend to lead lifestyles that might mess up their kids in some way or another (although that may just be my prejudice against strictly religious families)

There are several historical figures who had shitloads of siblings; Ben Franklin, Beethoven, Mozart (although most of his siblings died before adulthood, but whatevs). Granted, parenting has changed substantially since those times, but still.

Although, I'd never want to have more than 2 kids, if only because I don't want to contribute to global overpopulation...

SlowPokemon

Ehhh I would have a kid but I'd have to find someone up to my standards to get married to first and I don't see that happening
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

If I were to have kids, I'd have 5 or so.

I never had a big family and I really wanted one. Plus, everyone in my dad's side of the family are quite successful... and my grandparents had 5 kids. Plus in Scandinavia, they pay big money to have kids and make sure our quality of life is fantastic.

Otherwise, me and my wife would make shittons of money and travel a lot.

JDMEK5

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 27, 2014, 09:22:51 PMAlthough, I'd never want to have more than 2 kids, if only because I don't want to contribute to global overpopulation...
Oh, we're far from that yet. There's still lots of open space to move to if areas get too crowded. I think that was just another reason to justify abortion before it was so accepted.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 28, 2014, 10:09:35 AMOh, we're far from that yet. There's still lots of open space to move to if areas get too crowded. I think that was just another reason to justify abortion before it was so accepted.
I totally agree (there is also the moon  ::))