News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on November 29, 2013, 08:37:57 PMExactly. In Goron City there's a passageway blocked by rocks and surrounded by bomb flowers. Open that up and that leads to the lost woods. Shortcut back after you come back after saving/quitting. Similar thing with Zora River.
I did this already.

I finally found time to play this game aftre I beat the thousand year door. :)

Ruto

Quote from: Kman96 on November 29, 2013, 10:23:43 PMThe Sea Zoras. Everybody knows 'em, everybody loves 'em (dat Ruto).

Thanks.

Anyway, I have a paper to write, but the more I think about it, the more I think it's a waste of time. I'm just taking this class to finish a requirement and the professor thinks we're all going to be srsbiz sociologists. Also, more than half of our assignments still haven't been returned.

If I failed science I think I would take this course seriously, but honestly I don't care about proving that a society is worth (or possible) studying "scientifically." There's anthropology and psychology for that and those are at least legitimate studies ._.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Zunawe

@Kman

You don't see both types of zoras in every game. I can't actually think of one where you do. I'd imagine that they just don't inhabit Lorule, at least in a place one can visit. I'd imagine that they would keep their distances anyway given the differences in their nature. However, it does seem odd that a river zora could play such an important role not only in LBW, but also in LttP (where the king of the zora's sells you an item).
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

Finally 100%'d Skyward Sword!!!  Now I'm going to play Skies Of Arcadia: Legends.  It was a random decision, and so far it's kinda meh...
unmotivated

FierceDeity

But, did you 100% it...ON HERO MODE? lol jk there are still stools so it's not necessarily that much harder.

Now, I've never played skies of arcadia legends, but the original was the shit, and I'm pretty sure legends was just a remake, and thus, I must ask you...
YOU DARE TO "MEH" AT SKIES OF ARCADIA???

Sebastian

Could someone answer these questions for me please?
1. What is the key signature in Overthere stair? (song below)
2. How do I know where to put a sharp or a flat? (Example: f sharp or g flat)

Zunawe

For 2, it depends on the key sig. Flat key signatures will generally use flat accidentals. I don't know the theory behind specific instances, and I may technically be wrong, but that should work for most of your purposes.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Jompa

Accidentals is used when a note that's not from the key sig is played, right? And why is that used? Very often because of the chord progression "allowing" it, when it's moving out of the scale/key/whatever. So if in F major, a D major chord is played, you obviously wouldn't put a Gb, you'd put a F#.
This is at least the best most of the time, but not always. And perhaps a song is just going completely wack with the progression - my point is that it isn't "forbidden" to not follow the chord rule thing here.

The biggest caution with accidenals should be focused on descending or ascending notes - you want it to be fluid to read, so this is kinda done to take the notes that are to come into concideraton.
Basically, sharps for ascending, and flats for descending.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

My mom just asked me if I wanted to watch a dog, and then literally five minutes later went out and got a gigantic golden retriever

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on December 03, 2013, 01:13:35 PMBut, did you 100% it...ON HERO MODE? lol jk there are still stools so it's not necessarily that much harder.

Now, I've never played skies of arcadia legends, but the original was the shit, and I'm pretty sure legends was just a remake, and thus, I must ask you...
YOU DARE TO "MEH" AT SKIES OF ARCADIA???
Lol yes thank goodness for stools.  Don't worry skies of arcadia is getting better.  The only thing I'm worried about is what's going to happen after
Spoiler
you rescue dyne and co. from the coliseum.  I mean if they went back to the island Valua would harpoon the place...  Also man that executioner is hard...
[close]
unmotivated

FierceDeity

I'm ashamed to say I never actually beat the game. I had it for dreamcast and it came as a 2-disc set, and my second one is scratched :'( so I don't actually know how well the entire story works out, but I just love the gameplay, and the music, and the atmosphere it creates. I need to get legends for winter break.

Winter

Have you thought about emulating it and/or importing your save file?

FierceDeity

That's not a bad idea. Although, I'm definitely starting over the next time I play. It's been too long, haha.

Winter

I know the feeling, but sometimes after the 3rd time playing the 1st half of a long game I get a little tired of it.

SuperFireKirby

I got punched in the face many, many times today. It was a beautiful, if painful, experience.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!