News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

"Bachelor of Commerce"
what a name

So
Let me tell you about my day so far

http://www.restaurantday.org/en

I have a restaurant where I serve food and I'm allowed to charge money for it.

So not only have I made over 300 euros of profit, it's about 5 PM. The night is still young.

Best day ever.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Onionleaf on August 18, 2013, 05:52:27 AMAm I the only one here who is pursuing a Bachelor of Commerce degree? Seems like everyone here is planning to be either a musical performer or a composer.  :o *meep* I feel out of place..

Word of advice, you're never the "only one" anywhere. There are plenty of people here not planning to go into the music field.

Have fun making money while the rest of us struggle though. |D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ALPRAS

QuoteHave fun making money while the rest of us struggle though. |D

Hey, musicians can earn good money too! And not the Rock/Pop/Rap artists, classical musicians too!
I'm 21 and I'm already earning 800€ (950$) by giving classes. I Also won some piano contests, and receive some cash and some payed concerts around Europe!
Like I said, musicians can earn good money too, you just need to be good enough! And yeah, practice A LOT. And when I mean a lot, its A LOT

Waddle Bro

Saria

Quote from: universe-X on August 17, 2013, 10:19:30 PMI'm sorry you looked that much into it lol.
I just didn't want anyone else getting the idea that I wanted to continue anything that spawned from NSM in any fashion. It's not that I don't give a fuck about you guys. More or less, I'm just too lazy and disconnected at this point to uphold most of any of my internet friendships. Again, I'm sorry you looked at it like that. No hard feelings, hopefully.
Welp, that's another one gone. Farewell!
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Ruto

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 18, 2013, 08:58:52 AM*insert a poor musician joke here*

Poor artists in general lol

I guess it depends on how many lessons and performances. It's not exactly steady work from even if you are good (unless you're Lang Lang where you're practically paid to show up to events). The other problem is that people sometimes don't want to pay for your work. This is mostly for artists/photographers but if there's some relative or friend that thinks a free lesson or session is "no big deal/not a waste of your time/something that's not even work for you/but I helped you before" it just annoying after a while.

I'll stick to working on my chemistry degree for a steady job -.- Jamaha and Kefka are working on engineering degrees, so yes, there are lots of people doing different things.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SuperFireKirby

Probably going into Biology myself if music doesn't work out.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

gogogo bioengineering make inspector gadget/adam jensen

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 18, 2013, 06:16:30 PMgogogo bioengineering make inspector gadget/adam jensen

Oh god why are you telling people to go into engineering? When I see your engineering homework I just want to burn it XD

KefkaticFanatic

But your homework *can* burn my homework O:

me irl
[close]

Ruto

SuperFireKirby

There's something about chemistry where I look at a concept or problem and I'll simultaneously be like: "Yeah, I totally get it!" and "I want to fucking destroy you."

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

GaryOak

Quote from: Ruto on August 18, 2013, 03:58:13 PMIt's not exactly steady work from even if you are good (unless you're Lang Lang where you're practically paid to show up to events).

I read Lang Lang's autobiography a while ago and it was said that in early 2000s he got about $5000 for a concert. Dat filthy rich bastard.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

ALPRAS

Quote from: GaryOak on August 19, 2013, 01:16:09 AMI read Lang Lang's autobiography a while ago and it was said that in early 2000s he got about $5000 for a concert. Dat filthy rich bastard.

Well... at least we could be happy for him!  :P
But well, Lang Lang is not best example of a classical musician, he's more like a clown, due to the horrendous faces and expressions he makes... He sells his image, not his "music"... Thats my opinion lol

MaestroUGC

I can't stand Lang Lang as a pianist and as a musician.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.