The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

You mean you're not supposed to throw banana peels at people who annoy you on the highway? I may be doing something wrong here then. . .
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bubbles

My little sister has to do a math packet over the summer for school, and her friend's mom wants to pay me to check her own daughter's. Plus, she wants me to pick my own price. How am I supposed to come up with a price for something as weird as that? I'd be fine doing it for free but money is always nice

Mashi

If I were you, I would just ask her to treat you and her family to ice cream or something because ice cream.  It'll also make her daughter happy, so that's cool too!

Most high school tutors in my school were paid 15-20 dollars per hour, so you should probably do around that range or less to be fair.  If she insists on paying, you may as well accept her offer anyway; she probably can afford giving some money away, anyway!

TheZeldaPianist275

^This.  Also, it's not a bad thing to say you'd be fine doing it free if you actually don't mind.  If she insists, sure, take the money, cause you are working.

Bubbles

Quote from: Mashi on July 28, 2013, 01:11:09 PMIf I were you, I would just ask her to treat you and her family to ice cream or something because ice cream.
Thats actually a good idea. The only problem is she'd probably end up paying me actual money too

15-20 an hour? I guess I'll ask for 10 then...

FSM-Reapr

Bubbles

Honestly, knowing this woman I could get 100 without too much trouble. I'm not going to though :P

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on July 28, 2013, 02:20:38 PMHonestly, knowing this woman I could get 100 without too much trouble. I'm not going to though :P
Demand 130.

Ruto

$20 seems reasonable to me, about the price of a lunch for two at a casual restaurant. $100 can get me to come over lol XD

Anyway, crazy day. I sneaked into a classical music concert during the intermission  ::) because I was asked to photograph it. After the concert I got talked into having a late lunch with these rich donors of the orchestra, the conductor and some of the musicians which was totally unexpected. I didn't talk much but it was kind of funny hearing the conductor complain about the violinist being too fat (not going to lie, he was) and blocking the musicians in the back row from view. The guy playing the tambourines during the Carmen Fantasy didn't see the conductor because of that and accidentally played an extra note at the end, only to get a death glare from the violinist.

Then the violinist complained about how loud everyone else was playing but apparently half the orchestra didn't see the conductor because of him and then pretty much decided to "take back his show" by playing an extra solo at the end to get the noise out of his head. Yeah, he said that to the audience! But not in those exact terms.

Oh and now I have a bunch of photos to fix up and submit. The big violinist was only wearing a kind of tight polo instead of a suit and I don't really know what I can do to the photo without offending him  :-\

(Okay I heard all this because everyone was getting a bit drunk from the amount of wine after the concert. Also I was the subject of a few jokes, etc, and endured a car ride where the conductor was trolling a few pedestrians/drivers on the way back uptown.)

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Ricky

Cool that you had a meeting with the conductor and some of the musicians. Would be nice if I had such a meeting.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

No, dammit!  Go back to talking about Star Trek!  >:

FSM-Reapr

KefkaticFanatic

u suk

concerto... since when was your sig starry derp?

me irl
[close]

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Since when I feelz liked it.  A few days ago.  In a galalaceeee so chillingly left behind.