GaryOak

I found a cool Finnish-English translation thingy

- järki = reason, sense, intelligence
 - järjestää = organize
 - järjestelmä = organization
 - järjestelmällinen = organized
 - järjestelmällistyttää = organizationalize
 - epäjärjestelmällistyttää = unorganizationalize
 - epäjärjestelmällistyttämätön = having unreflectional attention to antiunorganizationalize
 - epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyys = unreflectional attention to antiunorganizationalize
 - epäjärjestelmällistyttämättomyydellä = with unreflectional attention to antiunorganizationalize
 - epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydellään = with his unreflectional attention to antiunorganizationalize
 - epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänkö = is it with his unreflectional attention to antiunorganizationalize?
 - epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänköhän = I wonder if it is possible, with his unreflectional attention to antiunorganizationalize?
 - epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänköhänkään? = I wonder if it is possible, even with his unreflectional attention to antiunorganizationalize?
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Waddle Bro

^I knew how to translate the six first words, but then it got frivolous.

I might have discovered a glitch in the matrix. I apologize my terrible spelling or unknowledge with some of the words. Let's say you have two pieces of iron wire that are both 12 centimetres long. You make a 3x3 square out of the first one. It's area is 9 cm². But you make the other piece of wire a shape with four 90° angles(I don't know the word, sorry! And I'm on 3DS, so I can't check Google Translate) but not a square, with the measures 4x2. That results us with the area of 8 cm². A same amount of wire was used in both of the shapes, but the square had a bigger area compared to the other shape. The question is, why won't the areas match?

MaestroUGC

Organisationalize is not a word in the english language, nor are any of the words built on that base. Unreflectional is not a word either.

You can't just blindly add prefixes and suffixes to a word and call it valid, there are easier words to use rather than adding a chain of prefixes in an Orwellian "NewSpeak" style.

@Waddle Perimeter never means consistent area, the two shapes are different in their dimensions so they'll cover different areas. If a circle, being the most efficient shape, has a circumference of 12cm, its area will be 36cm². (C=2*pi*r, A=pi*r²)
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jamaha

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 09, 2013, 12:45:35 PMYou can't just blindly add prefixes and suffixes to a word and call it valid, there are easier words to use rather than adding a chain of prefixes in an Orwellian "NewSpeak" style.

Sure you can. That's called Finnish.

TheZeldaPianist275

Gary and Jamaha, thank you for making mah day. 

Waddle Bro

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 09, 2013, 12:45:35 PM@Waddle Perimeter never means consistent area, the two shapes are different in their dimensions so they'll cover different areas. If a circle, being the most efficient shape, has a circumference of 12cm, its area will be 36cm². (C=2*pi*r, A=pi*r²)
I get it now, thanks!

BlackDragonSlayer

This is the Cyclops unit from Heroes of Might and Magic III. All the times when I have played the game (or, specifically, played Heroes Chronicles), I always thought that thing on its head was a pair of horns... I was like, "That's awesome; a Cyclops with horns growing out of its head!?!?" That is... until today. :-\

I'm doing a project for English based off of the Odyssey: a guide of "How to Escape From a Cyclops," something that has to be supplemented by images, etc. I saw this as a great opportunity to include the above sprite of a Cyclops; for whatever reason, I decided to go on Spriters Resource:
http://spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/heroes3/sheet/44208

Look at the sprite of its back... it is hair... ;_;
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

GaryOak

In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Waddle Bro

I remember messing with the map editor lots of times. Good memories.

Jamaha

I have no opinion on the subject, I just wanted to Finnish this combo.

Nebbles

Quote from: Jamaha on April 10, 2013, 01:33:42 PMI have no opinion on the subject, I just wanted to Finnish this combo.

badumtsssh
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Ruto

Going to take my picture taken with the math club tomorrow. I can't decide whether I should look nerdy or not.

My sisters already called me a 'mathlete' and asked me how many kinds of nerd I was. Ehhh they could be more supportive -.- this is why I don't talk to them  >:(

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Ruto on April 10, 2013, 06:28:07 PMGoing to take my picture taken with the math club tomorrow. I can't decide whether I should look nerdy or not.
Do it, and do not fear; this is not a great opportunity!!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber