The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 27, 2013, 06:07:31 PMIt's like half the time I think Nintendo pays them to write decent reviews of their games.

What does that have to do with it?  Nintendo published Gates themselves  ???

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 27, 2013, 06:07:31 PMNo they aren't. Metacritic's page has a 66 with only one review worse than that one and a good many of them being in the 70-80 range.

I consider 66 bad :x

But IGN has been known to have terrible writers so I don't know why you even bother reading that site anymore.  You should probably stop now :P

me irl
[close]

Yugi

Roz~

Sticker Stars was meh at best. I really didn't like it.

Also there's this paper I have to write that's due tomorrow at noon and well I'm pretty sure I won't go to bed tonight because I love procrastinating gg wp Roz
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Nebbles

It's okay Roz, I have a big project due in a week and I haven't started it yet... though I'll try over the weekend...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Roz~

Haha yeah, don't be like me and do all your stuff the day before it's due u__u
that thing is worth 45% of my grade too. I'm almost done though, so I should be able to get some sleep yay

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Roz~

Well it's okay to do that in high school but let me tell you that writing a paper for one of your university's class the night before it's due is tedious.

Yugi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 27, 2013, 06:07:31 PMYeah. I really should. They've become Nintendo fanboys. I don't know when I can trust a review by them. I mean, half the time Nintendo's games are amazing and deserve their scores (I firmly believe that games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 deserved their awesome scores), but then you have Paper Mario Sticker Star and Mario Tennis Open, which were pretty poor games (for me) yet earned not bad scores. And then you have a game like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which is far more enjoyable and gets 4.5.

It's like half the time I think Nintendo pays them to write decent reviews of their games.
If you look around, you'll find out that they take bribes off Rockstar games, the company that makes the Call of Duty Games.

Also, my friend (Who's a COD fanboy)'s reaction when I told him this was A++++++++++++++

Jamaha

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 27, 2013, 07:55:13 PMI consider 66 bad :x

One may question if there's something wrong with a scale where 66 is considered bad. Like, if a game gets less than 80 it's meh. What do people exactly use the last half of the scale anyway?

Not that the scores itself make much sense. The point of the reviews should be in the actual article, not in some arbitrary number.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Jamaha on March 28, 2013, 02:02:13 AMOne may question if there's something wrong with a scale where 66 is considered bad. Like, if a game gets less than 80 it's meh. What do people exactly use the last half of the scale anyway?

Not that the scores itself make much sense. The point of the reviews should be in the actual article, not in some arbitrary number.
The number should sum up what the reviewer thinks in a number; also see: tl;dr. :P

I consider anything below 50 (or 5, on a scale of 1-10) bad (a few exceptions, though), with 80 being what could be considered a "staple," or something that sets some standards for future games, or improves upon past games.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

When I review (and will review) things, I often make it out of the PC Powerplay standard for scoring.

10 is not necceraly a perfect thing, but is rather, a masterpiece, and a good standard for future things.

This somewhat applies to 9's, 8's, 7's, 6's and Fives. but to a lesser extent each time, with 5 being an average thing.

When it hits 4 or below, you will find things that the reviewer suffered a heart attack from reviewing.

Also, I might start a game review thread as well.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Jamaha on March 28, 2013, 02:02:13 AMOne may question if there's something wrong with a scale where 66 is considered bad. Like, if a game gets less than 80 it's meh. What do people exactly use the last half of the scale anyway?

Yea its more like the average response that gives you an idea of what the issue is.  Of course you would want to look at the critical and user reviews on places as well but it's just one thing.

And yea I see what you mean there, but it's like with rottentomatos and films.  Most of the time a 60ish% or lower is a bad film, though at times I've enjoyed one that was around that level on the critical side.

me irl
[close]

Roz~

I never look at the reviews. If I want a game I just buy it. If I end up not liking well... just too bad. =P

Also went to my bf's place, and his 11 year old sister asked me to help her learn how to play the piano... Fuck, I really miss playing the piano. I need to start playing again (for real this time)

Ruto

I saw a game that I really wanted to buy some odd years ago. When I got home, the first review was titled "seal of quality, my ***"

I got the ROM instead, and it was $30 saved xD The game was so glitchy it was impossible to finish, in addition to the overall horrible gameplay.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.