News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 14, 2012, 10:00:38 AMI laughed so hard because it totally makes sense, too.
Those Amon jokes have been spreading like wildfire.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Shadoninja

Quote from: Kman96 on August 13, 2012, 10:31:05 PMSo. I think it is my goal that before the end of the school year...

I want to arrange something.

Something very small, that a drummer like me could handle.
Any suggestions with no particular time limit involved whatsoever? (I'm bad on time limits. Time has no restrain on me! >:()

*gives you flowers*

Have fun
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Zunawe

Found out today that my English teacher is the mom of my best friend in elementary school. . . Not sure what to make of that.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

MaestroUGC

I'm going to reboot the Classical Discussions on sunday. For those of look who like Classical music, or would like to learn more about it, this is a great sort of "starter course" that I'm going to attempt this time around. And as such we will be looking at all 9 of Beethoven's Symphonies. We will be discussing the music itself, the cultural and musical impact, and various anecdotes relating the works discussed in the thread. So if you are looking to expand your musical horizon, be on the lookout for that.

On a related note, remember the Musical Showdown? Well, I'm going to try to get that going again by the holidays. For those of you who don't know, it's a composition competition where you will be given criteria to write a piece around. After looking back at previous contests and atempts, I realized the main problem may have been the time restrictions. That will be addressed later, but for now I'm looking to start it around Thanksgiving, more specifically November 16, with it ending around New Year's. Any interest to our composer types here?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Sure. Now that I have a bit more experience with composing, I think I'd be interested.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

Been looking into bands like Nirvana, Switchfoot, and Oasis.

Anyone have any good suggestions as far as band music?

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

@Universe Looking at those bands you listed, if you want something similar try AudioSlave, Queens of the Stone Age, or Bush.

But here's a few of my fav's: Modest Mouse(Indie/Alternative), The White Stripes(Alt. Rock/Blues), Nine Inch Nails(Dark, grimy electronic rock), Less Than Jake(Ska-Punk), Tool(Progressive art metal), A Perfect Circle(Progressive Rock), and Talkdemonic(Instrumental rock, I guess. These guys are difficult to classify).

Yeah.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

^I never got into nin, but the others are pretty awesome.

My likes: The Killers, Muse, Imagine Dragons, Train, the Black Keys, Devandra Bernhardt, Wolf Gang, Walk the Moon, Coldplay.

All are awesome!

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, NIN definitely is not for everyone.

KefkaticFanatic

You should make a suggest music thread so I can fill it with jazz-hop

me irl
[close]

FSM-Reapr

I was at the A today, and suddenly someone's cell started to play this.
And I made a new friend today. ;)

What's your ringtone?
Mine's this:
I love this song.

Ruto

I'm standing around in a lab coat and telling other students what to do.

It's awesome XD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jamaha

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.